Re: [Spacewalk-list] Repo Sync speed problem

% Since first installation, the "spacewalk-reposync" task is extremly
% slow. Actually I am synchronizing the RHEL5 EPEL and after 3 hours only
% 61 packages on 5390 have been imported from MREPO server in Spacewalk
% server. Sometimes reposync wait 20 minutes between 2 packages download.
% I don't see any relevant problems in log files on Spacewalk or MREPO
% servers :(

I've seen spacewalk-repo-sync slow down over time on PostgreSQL based server.
The solution was to restart postgresql backend so it come with new fresh
execute plans for selects.

Anyway I'm talking about <1s per package to 15s per package in avg. slow down.

Regards,

--
Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat