[Spacewalk-list] Yet an other errata sync tool eva-direct-errata-sync.pl

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 15:35:00 UTC 2012

Here is yet an other errata sync tool for people to try.
I would appreciate any feed back people can give me on it.
Ive been using it for several months and so have other people, it is
stable the only know major bug was fixed today so its finally ready
for mass consumption.

eva-direct-errata-sync.pl performs the same tasks as the
rhn-clone-errata.py or centos-errata.py but has some major functional
differences that make it faster and potentially easier to use.
The big differences are as follows
  1) No need to statically map the source and target channels in the
configuration
  2) Can recursively syncs erratas between base channels on the source
and destination even if the child channels are named differently
  3) Does not read the Centos mail archive instead it gets all of its
information from RHN
  4) Tolerant of errors if the publication of one errata fails then it
will notify the user and try the next one instead of crashing.
  5) Very flexible command line interface
  6) Significantly faster than many other errata sync scripts on the
initial sync, and especially faster subsequent syncs of new erratas.

The script can be downloaded here
https://github.com/prmarino1/Extravehicular-Activity-Admin/blob/master/errata-tools/eva-direct-errata-sync.pl

Install requirements are
1) Perl