[Spacewalk-list] Client Hostname Change Issue

Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Fri Jul 27 20:24:53 UTC 2012

In my experience, I have had to have been running spacecmd system_rename spacewalk_id new_hostname in addition to rhn-profile-sync

Greg Wojtak
Sr. Unix Systems Engineer
Office: (313) 373-4306
Cell: (734) 718-8472

From: Jeremy Davis <jdavis4102 at gmail.com<mailto:jdavis4102 at gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, July 27, 2012 3:53 PM
To: Spacewalk List <spacewalk-list at redhat.com<mailto:spacewalk-list at redhat.com>>
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] Client Hostname Change Issue

Hello List,

I have a few clients connected to a Spacewalk 1.6 installation with a Spacewalk Proxy server. I changed the hostname on the client server and ran a hardware refresh. This updates all entries of the hostname except for the system name(web ui) and profile name (in systemid on the client). Is there any way that when I run a hardware refresh that it could also update these two items? If I remember correctly I saw this actually working the way I would like back in 1.2 but it has been a while and I could be mistaken.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Regards,
Jeremy