[Spacewalk-list] Sync repo download another repomd.xml

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 06:52:00 UTC 2012

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 19:17:28 -0300 Nilton Moura
<redhat at nmoura.eti.br> wrote:

> Hi people.
>
> I'm experiencing a strange problem when I try to sync a repo.
> When I type:
>
> # /usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel
> # centos-x86_64-6-updates --type yum
> --url=http://centos.pop.com.br/6/updates/x86_64
>
> It creates the folder and the files under
> /var/cache/rhn/reposync/centos-x86_64-6-updates, but the
> repomd.xml differs from the same at the above --url. The url
> in --url parameter is the same in the GUI, repository
> configuration. The repomd.xml on centos.pop.com.br date from
> 20-Jul-2012, but the file created date from 'Apr 16'. So, it
> can't download the *-primary.sqlite.bz2 because it tries to
> download another -primary.sqlite.bz2.
>
> Even if delete the folder reposync/centos-x86_64-6-updates/
> and the repo association in the GUI, when I try to sync I have
> the same issue. I tried to find some file with an old
> reference about an old url repo, but I didn't have success.
> Does anybody know something about this issue? There's some
> relationship with the database in rhnpush-rpmdb/ folder?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nilton.

Hello,
are you saying that installing package from resulting channel
using yum (on the client subscribed to that channel - see `yum
repolist`) do not work?

Also please note any external repo is only source of packages
and some metadata for Spacewalk. Spacewalk itself regenerates
all repodata for new/updated channel. Do not attempt to use any
files from repodata/ of the original repo.

If you still have the problem, could you copy&paste what you see
in terminal so it is clear what the problem is?

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Hutar     Systems Management QA