[Spacewalk-list] cobbler buildiso and no dhcp

urgrue urgrue at bulbous.org
Tue Mar 27 13:03:06 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to provision systems with spacewalk. I have no possibility to
use dhcp so as a result I need to do cobbler buildiso and boot from
that. The issue is that the .iso defaults to booting with DHCP to get
the the initial networking info (to fetch the kickstart). So as far as I
can tell, I must do a 'cobbler system add' and specify all the host/IP
information this way, then I can select this specific system from the
cobbler boot menu.
Is there an alternative way that is better integrated into spacewalk?
I'd like to avoid maintaining system/IP information in two places (or
scripting something to do it), which is what this results in.
Thanks.