[Spacewalk-list] Increase concurrent repmod.RepositoryWriter tasks

Renato Botelho rbgarga at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:19:21 UTC 2012

Hello,

After satellite-sync runs, taskomatic starts to generate repository
metadata for all channels that received updates. Usually it takes
about 1 hour to generate metadata for each channel.

I noted taskomatic starts 2 concurrent tasks to do it, the task
name is:

com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.repomd.RepositoryWriter

In this case it will generate 2 channels metadata / hour. Sometimes
we receive updates for 40 channels, and it takes about 15 hours
to finish all these tasks.

During this 15 hours, users can see new erratas on RHN Satellite
web interface, but cannot apply them because channel metadata
is old.

I'm wondering if there is a way to improve this process, the first
thing that came to mind was increase the concurrent tasks, but
i couldn't find any kind of configuration to do it.

Is it possible? If yes, how can I do it? If no, is there any other
thing i can do to reduce the amount of time it takes to generate
all updated channels metadata?

Best regards
--
Renato Botelho