[Spacewalk-list] errors on registration

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 15:07:28 UTC 2012

Bill Gunter wrote:
% I recently upgraded from Spacewalk 1.0 to 1.2 (yes, we're really
% behind) and I'm having problems with new system registration. The
% error on using rhnreg_ks is only "Internal Server Error." The apache
% error_log on the spacewalk server has something more ominous:
%
% RHN 12257 2012/03/30 09:24:18 -05:00: ('SQLError',
% <spacewalk.server.rhnSQL.sql_base.SQLError instance at 0x933f6ec>)
% rhnException: (4068, 'ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been
% discarded\nORA-04065: not executed, altered or dropped stored
% procedure "SPACEWALK.QUEUE_SERVER"\nORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find
% program unit being called: "SPACEWALK.QUEUE_SERVER"\nORA-06512: at
% "SPACEWALK.RHN_CHANNEL", line 149\nORA-06512: at line 1\n')
% I had a problem with the upgrade where I hit the Oracle XE size
% limitation during the schema upgrade step, specifically in
% 103-rhnPackageChangeLog-refactoring.sql. I was eventually able to get
% all the schema upgrade scripts to run but it looks like maybe it
% wasn't as successful as I'd hoped? Or possibly it's the size
% limitation I'm running into, but the error looks more serious than
% that. We will be moving to a standard Oracle DB as soon as it's
% provisioned but if I have a problem with the schema that won't help.
%
% Any suggestions?

Backend attempted to call package which was modified from another session.
So the cached state of the package in this session is no more valid.
The easiest solution is to restart Oracle XE.

% Thanks,
%
% Bill

Michael Mráka