[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk proxy connection problem after upgrade to 2.0

Speigner Thomas Thomas.Speigner at systema.info
Thu Aug 29 06:43:24 UTC 2013

Hi Robert,

sorry, misunderstood your question. So my proxy is connected with the spacewalk master and under proxy - activation I can see "This machine is currently a licensed Red Hat Proxy (v2.0).”
The setting in up2date looks ok.
Yum repolist –verbose gives me all subscribed channels
So I tried following.
Deleting the whole server (proxy server) from the Management. -> OK
Register the server with rhnreg_ks … at the spacewalk master -> OK, no proxy register available at the spacewalk management for this server
rerun configure-proxy.sh at proxysite -> OK, now proxy register is available at the spacewalk management for the server. Same line as above.
Tried some commands rhn_checks, rhn-profile-sync, yum repolist –verbose … all seems fine.

Connected now to another server behind the proxy - all commands failed:
[root at test2 ~]$ rhn_check
XMLRPC ProtocolError: <ProtocolError for proxy.domain.lokal /XMLRPC: 500 Internal Server Error>
[root at test2 ~]$ rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https:// proxy.domain.lokal/XMLRPC --activationkey=my-actkey --force
An error has occurred:
Error communicating with server. The message was:
Internal Server Error
See /var/log/up2date for more information

Content of /var/log/up2date
[Thu Aug 29 08:39:31 2013] up2date A protocol error occurred: Internal Server Error , attempt #1,
[Thu Aug 29 08:39:31 2013] up2date
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 218, in <module>
    cli.run()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhncli.py", line 96, in run
    sys.exit(self.main() or 0)
  File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 90, in main
    rhnreg.getCaps()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnreg.py", line 248, in getCaps
    s.capabilities.validate()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnserver.py", line 178, in __get_capabilities
    self.registration.welcome_message()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnserver.py", line 63, in __call__
    return rpcServer.doCall(method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rpcServer.py", line 204, in doCall
    ret = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1199, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rpcServer.py", line 38, in _request1
    ret = self._request(methodname, params)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rhn/rpclib.py", line 384, in _request
    self._handler, request, verbose=self._verbose)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rhn/transports.py", line 171, in request
    headers, fd = req.send_http(host, handler)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rhn/transports.py", line 730, in send_http
    response.status, response.reason, response.msg)
<class 'up2date_client.up2dateErrors.CommunicationError'>: Error communicating with server. The message was:
Internal Server Error

I will now try to go back to 1.9 with proxy server …

kind regards ...

Thomas SPEIGNER