[Spacewalk-list] The SSL certificate failed verification.

Jonathan Hoser jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Sep 25 13:20:52 UTC 2013

Chirag,

that's something I stumbled upon some time ago:
Somehow the curl-libs ... used by the python-layer is invalidating otherwise fine SSL certificates;

You can look into this using
URLGRABBER_DEBUG=1 yum update
together with high log-levels in /etc/yum.conf

What I found will resolve the issue, is getting new libcurl versions:
c-ares-1.10.0-1.0.cf.rhel6.x86_64.rpm
curl-7.30.0-2.0.cf.rhel6.x86_64.rpm
libcurl-7.30.0-2.0.cf.rhel6.x86_64.rpm
libssh2-1.4.3-6.0.cf.rhel6.x86_64.rpm

packaged into a file called curlUp.tar, the following (bash) commands will resolve the issue (at least it did for me):

tar -xf curlUp.tar

#disable SSL for packages, otherwise we'll fail again right away
sed -i "s/useNoSSLForPackages=0/useNoSSLForPackages=1/g" /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

#install the curl 'update'
yum -y localinstall --nogpgcheck *.rpm

#reenable the SSL for packages
sed -i "s/useNoSSLForPackages=1/useNoSSLForPackages=0/g" /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

Best
-Jonathan

On 09/25/2013 02:35 PM, Chirag Choudhary wrote:
>From Web, and one of them is spacewalk repo for rhel : http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/2.0/RHEL/6/x86_64/

Thanks & Regards