[Spacewalk-list] Using Spacewalk for yum update but not syncing repos

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 17:54:15 UTC 2014

Hello Friends

Paul, this is a good question. A few months ago one of my customer asked me
about it and I checked with Red Hat. The official response was.

"If they have all rhel subscriptions, they can download the rpm package and
update all of them, independent of be registered in RHN".

The problem is, if they have 5 subscriptions and 15 rhel in the company for
example, all up to date, this is a broken violation, by the way, if they
will use spacewalk or a simple yum repository, legally, the red hat doesn't
care.

Please friends redhatter, tell us more about it., this was a point of view
of some red hatters from Brazil.

Appreciate your opinion

Atenciosamente
Waldirio