[virt-tools-list] virt-what 1.1 released

Laurent Léonard laurent at open-minds.org
Sat Jul 25 18:46:49 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 23 juillet 2009 11:06:53, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :
> I just released virt-what 1.1.  This program is a collection of code
> snippets to allow you to determine what sort of virtualization you are
> running inside.
>
> The new version can tell the difference between QEMU and KVM, and can
> tell if you are running inside a Xen fullvirt guest.
>
> Home page:  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-what/
> Downloads:  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-what/files/
> Repository: http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=virt-what.git;a=summary
>
> Rich.

Hi Richard,

Some comments about Virt-what:

- The manpage file (virt-what.1) is generated at building time but not removed
by the "distclean" target in the generated Makefile.

- The "virt-what-cpuid-helper" binary is removed by the "clean" target, why
not in the "distclean" target like the generated "virt-what" script ?

- The "virt-what-cpuid-helper" binary shouldn't be called directly by a user,
so I think there is no reason to put it in /usr/bin. I'm about to release a
Debian virt-what package and I moved the "virt-what-cpuid-helper" binary in
/usr/lib/virt-what. For the moment I patched "virt-what.in" to replace the
relative path to the "virt-what-cpuid-helper" binary by its new location.
Could you add a %PKGLIBPATH% variable for that in the next release ?

Thank you,
--
Laurent Léonard