[virt-tools-list] Questions about virt-manager running on Arch of Itanium 64

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 09:43:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 05:07:00PM +0800, Dustin Xiong wrote:
> But when I run virsh ,it failed as below:
> [root at kvm bin]# ./virsh
> error: unable to connect to '/usr/local/dlibvirt/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory
                                          ^^
Is there really a 'd' in the path there?

Anyway you can either change the default path that libvirt uses,
by configuring it with:

  ./configure --prefix=/usr

or you can change the socket path virsh uses at runtime with:

  ./virsh -c qemu+unix:///system?socket=/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock

(which is documented here:
http://libvirt.org/remote.html#Remote_URI_reference)

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/