[virt-tools-list] Re: [libvirt] RHEL 5 with Xen - changed IPs and now weirdness

Dave Allan dallan at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 19:50:12 UTC 2009

Denny Snyder wrote:
> Thanks for the info...  I attempted a service libvirtd stop (which fails
> since it isn't running)
> a service libvirtd start says OK but the status remains the same:
>
> libvirtd dead but subsys locked
>
> so I did a service libvirtd stop and then ran it manually and got the
> following:
>
> 15:03:59.798: error : No vport operation path found for host1
> 15:03:59.801: error : No vport operation path found for host2
> 15:03:59.802: error : No vport operation path found for host3
> 15:03:59.803: error : No vport operation path found for host4
> 15:03:59.872: error : No vport operation path found for host6
> 15:03:59.880: error : No vport operation path found for host5
> 15:03:59.892: error : No vport operation path found for host0
>

> I have no idea what these errors mean....  does each host entry
> mentioned above correspond to a xen guest?

That's a bug that's unfortunate but harmless except for the confusion it
causes.  It's unrelated to what's going on with your system.  That
message was supposed to be logged as debug but is incorrectly logging as
error.  Libvirt is looking for NPIV capable HBAs, and when it sees an
HBA that doesn't support NPIV, it logs that message.  Sorry for the
confusion.

Dave