Red Hat Certifications:
Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS) is a security certification that proves advanced skills in using Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SELinux, and Red Hat Directory Server to meet the security requirements of today's enterprise environment.
Current RHCEs will obtain RHCSS certification upon successfully passing all three Expertise Exams:
- EX333 Red Hat Enterprise Security: Network Services
- EX423 Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication
- EX429 SELinux Policy Administration
These courses build on the security skills covered in the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) program, which is a prerequisite.
All upper-level courses are all peer level, meaning each can be taken by someone with RHCE or equivalent skills. Any order is fine.
Curriculum and Expertise Exams
- Only current RHCEs are eligible to be certified as a Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS), while anyone can attend the courses in this track. Verify your RHCE.
- Current RHCEs will obtain RHCSS certification upon successfully passing all three Expertise Exams.
- The courses are not required as the tests can be taken separately but they are strongly recommended.
(Required: Must pass all 3 for RHCSS)
|RHS333 Red Hat Enterprise Security: Network Services||EX333 Red Hat Enterprise Security: Network Services Expertise Exam|
|RH423 Red Hat Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication||EX423 Red Hat Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication Expertise Exam|
|RHS429 Red Hat Enterprise SELinux Policy Administration||EX429 Red Hat Enterprise SELinux Policy Administration Expertise Exam|
Each course in Red Hat's security curriculum is followed by an Expertise Exam on the fifth day. Expertise Exams may be taken immediately following the corresponding course or at any other time. The exams are performance-based and test skills of the job role competencies covered in the prior four days of hands-on training. Passing an Expertise Exam earns the candidate a Certificate of Expertise to his or her RHCE credential for a specific security skillset. Expertise Exams vary in length from 4 to 8 hours depending on the course.
Official notification of PASS or DID NOT PASS is sent via email within 5 US business days of the Expertise Exam.