ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Within an organization, business experts and application developers need to be on the same page to model, automate, measure, and improve their processes and policies. Miscommunication and unmet expectations delay delivery, increase costs, and compromise innovation.
Speak the same language, get better results
Behavior-driven development (BDD), also known as “specification by example,” is a customer-driven software development method that brings together subject matter experts, testers, and developers to speed development.
With BDD, requirements are defined in the form of scenarios written in language that is familiar to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Speaking a common language ensures everyone understands the requirements and can collaborate to specify the behavior of a system.
Based on those requirements, concrete software examples are tested and reviewed frequently, and changes can be implemented quickly. These examples become a functional specification that will verify the application every time a change is made.
Behavior-driven development allows you to:
- Increase speed-to-market by sharing tools between business analysts and software developers.
- Manage expectations through collaboration and automated testing.
- Develop cost-effective applications with reduced complexity.
Why engage Red Hat Consulting?
Red Hat Consulting offers a customized solution that enables your teams to implement BDD methodologies and business rules messaging system (BRMS) technology. This engagement provides all software and services needed to create a turnkey environment for ongoing development, including:
- Proven open source solutions for DevOps and continuous integration.
- Tools to automate scenarios such as Cucumber JVM or Jbehave.
- Mentoring and coaching services to model agile behavior and teach BDD approaches.
- Software development expertise using Red Hat JBoss® BRMS for rules-based applications.
- Download the BDD datasheet
- See how Cigna applies BDD with Red Hat Consulting
- Watch the video
- Learn more about specification by example
- Speed application delivery with Red Hat JBoss BRMS
- Discover other BRMS development techniques: