- What's in a container? You don't know. And that's a problem
- VentureBeat – December 16, 2014
- How much do you really know about application containers? Not the technical features or benefits, as those are readily circulating across technology communities. From extreme application portability and flexibility to simplified IT operations, application containers appear to be god's gift to IT.
- Red Hat's OpenStack Tech Leadership Discusses Cloud Direction
- ServerWatch – January 5, 2015
- Mark McLoughlin is a well-known figure in the OpenStack world, having been identified as the leading code committer to the project in 2013. McLouglin has recently shifted his in-job responsibility away from just code to product development.
- Red Hat Reimagines OpenShift 3 PaaS With Docker
- eWeek – January 12, 2015
- Red Hat is developing a new milestone release of its OpenShift platform-as-a-service (PaaS) technology that will shift the platform to Docker containers and Kubernetes orchestration. The upcoming OpenShift 3 platform will mark yet another page in the continued evolution for Red Hat's PaaS effort that began with the acquisition of Makara in 2010.
- Red Hat CEO Expects Growth From Cloud, Storage
- Investor's Business Daily – January 14, 2015
- Analyst concerns about Red Hat's growth prospects appeared to all but disappear last month after the enterprise software company reported third-quarter earnings that beat Wall Street views. Red Hat (RHT) is the No. 1 provider of open-source Linux operating system software and support, helping enterprises migrate from older Unix-based systems.
- Red Hat's OpenStack Ambitions Move it Beyond its Linux OS Core
- Data Center Knowledge – January 20, 2015
- Red Hat's OpenStack focus continues to move the company beyond its popular distribution of the Linux operating system, and investors are starting to notice. The company's stock was up around 25 percent last year on the heels of several moves expanding its position and its place in the cloud ecosystem.
- European Space Agency picks Red Hat Linux for private cloud
- The Inquirer – January 21, 2015
- THE EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY (ESA) has deployed a private, on-premise cloud platform designed to serve its community in Europe. The infrastructure is partly based on a custom version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- The Ghost security hole perfectly illustrates the efficiency of open source
- TechRepublic – January 29, 2015
- If you're reading this piece, you probably already know there's a ghost in the machine of Linux. Specifically, a critical hole in the GNU C Library (glibc). This haunting specter enables remote hackers to gain access to machines without the need for credentials of any kind.
- Red Hat CEO: Today's IT department is in a fight for its life
- Business Insider – February 14, 2015
- There's a new trend called "devops" that is sweeping the enterprise IT world and its become a life-or-death career situation for many IT departments. The word smooshes up the IT terms "development" (meaning writing software) and "operations" (meaning maintaining software and all the tech needed to run it). "Devops is all about how do things faster," Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst tells Business Insider. It's the IT department's version of Facebook's famous mantra "go fast and break stuff."
Red Hat Reports Third Quarter Results
Red Hat presenta nuevas certificaciones y programas de formación basados en roles
Red Hat mejora la gestión de decisiones activas con el lanzamiento de la nueva generación de sistemas de gestión de normas de negocio
Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst to Speak at Economy Forum "The Road to Prosperity: Jobs for the Next Generation"
Red Hat Enhances Active Decision Management with Launch of Next Generation Business Rules Management System
Red Hat Files Brief with U.S. Supreme Court Opposing Expansion of Standard for Inducing Patent Infringement
Red Hat refuerza su estrategia PaaS con la adquisición de Makara
Red Hat to Webcast Results for Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2011
Red Hat Accelerates PaaS Strategy with Acquisition of Makara
Red Hat to Present Technology Announcement via Webcast on November 30
- 1 of 12