- What's in a container? You don't know. And that's a problem
- VentureBeat – December 16, 2014
- How much do you really know about application containers? Not the technical features or benefits, as those are readily circulating across technology communities. From extreme application portability and flexibility to simplified IT operations, application containers appear to be god's gift to IT.
- Red Hat's OpenStack Tech Leadership Discusses Cloud Direction
- ServerWatch – January 5, 2015
- Mark McLoughlin is a well-known figure in the OpenStack world, having been identified as the leading code committer to the project in 2013. McLouglin has recently shifted his in-job responsibility away from just code to product development.
- Red Hat Reimagines OpenShift 3 PaaS With Docker
- eWeek – January 12, 2015
- Red Hat is developing a new milestone release of its OpenShift platform-as-a-service (PaaS) technology that will shift the platform to Docker containers and Kubernetes orchestration. The upcoming OpenShift 3 platform will mark yet another page in the continued evolution for Red Hat's PaaS effort that began with the acquisition of Makara in 2010.
- Red Hat CEO Expects Growth From Cloud, Storage
- Investor's Business Daily – January 14, 2015
- Analyst concerns about Red Hat's growth prospects appeared to all but disappear last month after the enterprise software company reported third-quarter earnings that beat Wall Street views. Red Hat (RHT) is the No. 1 provider of open-source Linux operating system software and support, helping enterprises migrate from older Unix-based systems.
- Red Hat's OpenStack Ambitions Move it Beyond its Linux OS Core
- Data Center Knowledge – January 20, 2015
- Red Hat's OpenStack focus continues to move the company beyond its popular distribution of the Linux operating system, and investors are starting to notice. The company's stock was up around 25 percent last year on the heels of several moves expanding its position and its place in the cloud ecosystem.
- European Space Agency picks Red Hat Linux for private cloud
- The Inquirer – January 21, 2015
- THE EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY (ESA) has deployed a private, on-premise cloud platform designed to serve its community in Europe. The infrastructure is partly based on a custom version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- The Ghost security hole perfectly illustrates the efficiency of open source
- TechRepublic – January 29, 2015
- If you're reading this piece, you probably already know there's a ghost in the machine of Linux. Specifically, a critical hole in the GNU C Library (glibc). This haunting specter enables remote hackers to gain access to machines without the need for credentials of any kind.
- Red Hat CEO: Today's IT department is in a fight for its life
- Business Insider – February 14, 2015
- There's a new trend called "devops" that is sweeping the enterprise IT world and its become a life-or-death career situation for many IT departments. The word smooshes up the IT terms "development" (meaning writing software) and "operations" (meaning maintaining software and all the tech needed to run it). "Devops is all about how do things faster," Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst tells Business Insider. It's the IT department's version of Facebook's famous mantra "go fast and break stuff."
Red Hat continúa con el crecimiento sostenido
Red Hat Reports Third Quarter Results
Red Hat Announces Virtualization Specialist Status for EMEA Partner Community
Red Hat libera el código de SPICE para fomentar la colaboración abierta con sus partners y la innovación en virtualización
Red Hat Makes Move That Will Allow Open Collaboration With Partners to Drive Virtualization Innovation
Red Hat to Drive Open Source Cloud Computing Discussion with Second Online Forum
Red Hat Summit and JBoss World Call For Papers Now Open
Independent Study Highlights Significant Opportunities for Cost Savings and Benefits with JBoss Enterprise Middleware
JBoss de Red Hat es reconocido en el Cuadrante Mágico para Servidores de Aplicaciones Empresariales
Fedora 12 Unites Latest Features and Usability Into Compelling Free Distribution
- 1 of 13