An application developer who has earned the Red Hat® Certificate of Expertise in Persistence has demonstrated the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to use the Java™ Persistence API (JPA) with JBoss® Hibernate®. Hibernate is a high-performance, object-relational persistence and query service that implements JPA and is included in Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
An enterprise application developer who has earned the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Persistence is capable of performing the following tasks:
- Configuring JPA and Hibernate
- Mapping Java objects to relational tables
- Mapping object associations to relationships
- Managing transactions
- Creating and retrieving persistent objects
- Manipulating persistent objects
The following audiences may be interested in earning the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Persistence:
- Experienced Java application developers and architects
- Business component and database developers
In preparation to earn the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Persistence, Red Hat recommends the following:
- EX297 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Persistence exam
- Demonstrate your ability to create and maintain Java applications that use the Java Persistence API (JPA) with JBoss Hibernate.