Gain control of your virtualization environment, and build and manage a private or hybrid cloud. Red Hat® CloudForms can do both with a comprehensive management platform. As your needs change, CloudForms evolves, protecting your investments and providing a continuum of capabilities as you progress toward Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) models.
Advanced virtualization management
- Monitoring and tracking
- Capacity management and planning
- Resource usage and optimization
- Workload life-cycle management
- Policies to govern access and usage
Private or hybrid cloud management
- Self-service portal and catalog
- Controls to manage request
- Quota enforcement and usage
- Chargeback and cost allocation
- Automated provisioning
Operational visibility and control
- Approval workflows
Like all Red Hat technologies, CloudForms gives you choice and flexibility. It provides a unified and consistent set of management capabilities across:
- Virtual platforms from Red Hat, VMware, and Microsoft.
- A cloud platform from OpenStack.
- The public cloud platform from Amazon.
With CloudForms, you can transform existing virtual environments into private clouds, hybrid clouds, or both. Seamlessly add new infrastructure platforms to expand your cloud model and take advantage of better cost, performance, density, innovation, or whatever you need. You control the choices.
Use CloudForms to enhance the management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux® OpenStack Platform, including:
- Configuration inventory.
- Life-cycle management.
- Policy state management.
- Service catalog.
- Detailed reporting with dashboard views.
- Chargeback and showback.
- Single view across all infrastructure platforms.
With CloudForms, you can easily use Amazon EC2 as an extension of your datacenter. CloudForms lets you control who and what kind of workloads can run on Amazon. We provide controlled life-cycle management, quotas, and detailed chargeback information for Amazon-allocated workloads, aggregating that information with your enterprise’s virtual infrastructure landscape into a single, unified management console.
CloudForms supports web-based access to your specified service catalogs with role-delegated automated provisioning, quota enforcement, approval workflow, policies and rules, and chargeback across all virtualization and cloud platforms.
Resources are automatically and optimally consumed via policy-based workload and resource orchestration, ensuring high service availability, performance, and optimization. You can simulate what-if scenarios for proactive resource planning and continuous insights into consumption levels to allow detailed chargeback, showback, and policy creation.
You’re constantly in control with unified monitoring, alerts, compliance rules, and automation across enterprise clouds and globally distributed, virtualized datacenters. You get granular control of workload resources, configurations, capacity, and usage levels, with event timelines and change and drift tracking.
Dynamically and automatically ensure the most efficient use of your resources, including the ability to:
- Discover and track resource changes.
- Provision and de-provision resources based on policies and demand.
- Identify the current condition of resources and the best fit for new workloads across compute, storage, and network resources.
- Anticipate and plan for future resource needs based on capacity, trending, data, and analytics.
CloudForms also lets you anticipate and plan for future resource needs based on capacity, trending, data, and analytics.
Our training courses are hands-on and role-based. This means students stay at their keyboards for up to 80% of a course, boosting the retention of skills they'll use every day. We offer several convenient ways to train and save, and training facilities around the world. Visit our student center to learn more, or read some training success stories.
- Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220)
- Learn how to perform an initial configuration and setup of Red Hat CloudForms.
Let Red Hat Consulting help you successfully deploy Red Hat CloudForms. Have unallocated end-of-year budget? Consider using Consulting Units to secure resources you'll need in the upcoming year—without committing to a specific topic up front.
- Red Hat Open IaaS Architecture Service
- Design, launch, and manage your IaaS cloud solution for the best IT efficiency, responsiveness, and flexibility. Download the datasheet.
- Cloud Pathway
- Explore cloud viability, develop a strategic roadmap for cloud adoption, and establish a cloud platform to serve as the foundation for your present and future cloud computing initiatives. Download the datasheet.
- Cloud and virtualization engagement
- Ensure your cloud platform is set up to support your long-term cloud computing goals.
Collaboration is a pillar of the open source community. And it’s how Red Hat approaches support. Connect to Red Hat Support to access industry-leading technical resources available in our award-winning Red Hat Customer Portal anywhere, any time.
In keeping with the open source way, we like to keep the lines of communication open. So whether you're a customer or just interested in learning more, connect with us. We're eager to answer questions.
- Contact sales
- Our sales representatives are knowledgeable, friendly, and always ready to help.
- Find a partner
- Find a Red Hat partner that sells Red Hat CloudForms.
- Sign up for our cloud newsletter
- Benefit from top cloud industry articles, trends, with links to Red Hat webinars, demos, blogs and events.
Red Hat CloudForms 3.1 wins "Best of VMworld 2014" finalist award in the "Private Cloud Computing Technologies" category.
Red Hat CloudForms won the 2014 editor's choice award for best Virtualization Automation product from Virtualization Review.
- Red Hat CloudForms: Cloud Resource Management the Right Way
- Executive overview: The agility gap in today's private clouds
- Managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
- Red Hat CloudForms: The benefits of an open cloud
- Red Hat CloudForms: Overview
- Large datawarehouse company
- See how a large enterprise data warehouse company used Red Hat CloudForms to create a private cloud with automated provisioning and self-service.
- Financial services company
- Find out how a leading financial services company used Red Hat CloudForms to ensure a successful transformation to a global enterprise cloud and reduced service delivery times from weeks to hours.