Red Hat® JBoss® Developer Studio provides superior support for your entire development life cycle in 1 tool. It's a certified Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE) for developing, testing, and deploying rich web apps, mobile web apps, transactional enterprise apps, and service-oriented architecture (SOA)-based integration apps and services.Why choose JBoss Enterprise Middleware over IBM WebSphere? Find out.
JBoss Developer Studio includes a broad set of tooling capabilities and support for multiple programming models and frameworks, including:
- Java™ Enterprise Edition 6.
- JavaServer Faces (JSF).
- Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB).
- Java Persistence API (JPA) and Hibernate®.
- JAX-RS with RESTEasy.
- Contexts Dependency Injection (CDI).
All with Maven-based build and deployment—optimized for interactive development.
JBoss Developer Studio includes both certified visual tooling and the production-ready, fully supported Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, which is supported by Red Hat for 7 years as part of a subscription. So you can be confident that your open source development environment and platforms are stable, upgradeable, deployable, and supported.
JBoss Developer Studio is fully tested and certified to ensure that all of ts plug-ins, runtime components, and their dependencies are compatible with each other. For instance, components like JBoss Hibernate, RichFaces, Portal, jBPM, Drools, and runtimes work well together.
And with certified updates, you don't have to worry about updating parts that might not work with the rest of the environment.
JBoss Developer Studio is available for Microsoft Windows, Linux®, and Mac OS X, and it can run on Java Development Kit (JDK) 6.0.
Through its seamless integration with both OpenShift by Red Hat and OpenShift Online by Red Hat, JBoss Developer Studio includes tooling that lets you interact with Red Hat's cloud offering as if it were a local server.
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio gives developers tools to simplify the development of mobile apps. Features include:
- A live reload server that provides interactive development with a preview that truly represents the end-user experience and eliminates the need for the developer to stop and manually refresh HTML pages.
- A browser simulator that lets developers test their web apps in various resolutions, dimensions, features, and mobile-device skins. These features include synced browsing, which shows multiple layout modes simultaneously. It also supports debugging with integrated FireBug and weinre.
- HTML 5/jQuery mobile tooling. Multiple widgets and their associated wizards are available as part of the jQuery mobile palette for HTML 5 mobile application development, including widgets for form, image video, and audio.
Java EE 6
Java EE 6 represents a major step forward in increasing developer productivity and reducing complexity. It includes many popular standards and technologies, such as:
- JPA (based on JBoss Hibernate).
- CDI (based on JBoss Seam).
- JAX-RS (based on JBoss RESTEasy).
These form the base framework for building today's leading web applications and the next generation of mobile-focused HTML 5 applications.
Hibernate is a powerful, high-performance object/relational persistence and query service. It lets you develop persistent classes following an object-oriented idiom, including association, inheritance, polymorphism, composition, and collections. And it lets you express queries in its own portable SQL extension (HQL), native SQL, or with an object-oriented Criteria and Example API.
Unlike many other persistence solutions, Hibernate doesn't hide the power of SQL from you. It guarantees that your investment in relational technology and knowledge is valid.
Our training courses are hands-on and role-based. This means students stay at their keyboards for up to 80% of a course, boosting the retention of skills they'll use every day. We offer several convenient ways to train and save, and training facilities around the world. Visit our student center to learn more, or read some training success stories.
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Development I (JB225)
- Create, test, and maintain Java EE-compliant applications from start to finish.
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Development II (JB325)
- Build, deploy, and maintain a highly performing, scalable application.
Employers notice Red Hat certifications. They know that to become Red Hat Certified Professionals, candidates must complete real-world tasks using our technologies—not just answer questions about them. Build your career by getting certified. We offer multiple exam locations and ways to train.
- Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer (RHCJD)
Build Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) applications for deployment on the Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Middleware Application Platform or other Java EE-compliant platforms.
Collaboration is a pillar of the open source community. And it's how Red Hat approaches support. Connect to Red Hat Support to access industry-leadinbg technical resource available in our award-winning Red Hat Customer Portal anywhere, any time.
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
In keeping with the open source way, we like to keep the lines of communication open. So whether you're a customer or just interested in learning more, connect with us. We're eager to answer questions.
Everything you need in 1 package
JBoss Developer Studio Portfolio Edition integrates and certifies both tooling and runtime components by combining Eclipse, the best open source tools, and the JBoss middleware platforms. These are the same versions of the middleware platforms that Red Hat supports in production for 5 or 7 years, which means you can build and test your apps on the same open source infrastructure where you deploy and get support.
JBoss Developer Studio Portfolio Edition is available via subscription for use by individual developers—for development purposes only—on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. It includes:
- Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Red Hat JBoss Fuse
- Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
- Red Hat JBoss Portal
- Red Hat JBoss BRMS
- Red Hat JBoss Operations Network
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (1 entitlement with built-in development tools)
- Red Hat Network access (for development purposes)
- Michigan Millers Insurance
- See how re-architecting its mission-critical system on Red Hat JBoss Middleware helped Michigan Millers Insurance increase stability, improve employee productivity, and cut development cost and time.
- "We use Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio to develop tools that streamline the configuration of a customer's Red Hat solution. That makes it easier and faster for us to deploy new application servers. With other server products, configuration is a manual process." - Dave Ciabattoni, senior director of global research and development, LabVantage Solutions, Inc.