To put your enterprise in a position to win, you have to break down the barriers that hold you back. With Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, a platform with unparalleled stability and flexibility, you can reallocate your resources toward meeting the next challenges instead of just maintaining the status quo. More than 90% of Fortune Global 500 companies use Red Hat products and solutions.
Standardize on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and find out what's possible tomorrow, today.
Red Hat client data and Fortune Global 500 list, 2013
Freedom through stability
Business applications require a tested, proven, predictable platform. Red Hat Enterprise Linux frees you to deliver meaningful business results by providing exceptional reliability and military-grade security.
An ecosystem of solutions and support
With a Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription, you are connected to the industry's largest ecosystem of partners, customers, and experts that support and accelerate your success.
Confidence through flexibility
Red Hat Enterprise Linux gives you the flexibility to tailor your infrastructure for business needs now and in the future. As markets shift and technologies evolve, you'll have the agility, adaptability, and performance to succeed.
Whether you’re rolling out new applications, virtualizing environments, or creating an open hybrid cloud, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server is the foundation you need to build your business.
Thousands of applications are certified to run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Is yours?
Red Hat Enterprise Linux delivers military-grade security technologies to prevent intrusions and protect your data. From network firewall control to secure containers for application isolation, Red Hat Enterprise Linux is one of the most secure operating systems available.
You can secure applications with a common and comprehensive suite of technologies and policies across physical, virtual, and cloud deployments—all backed by Red Hat's Product Security team.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux gives you a set of essential tools to build and maintain highly available, high-performance storage solutions. Numerous file system options and a robust suite of storage management capabilities give you the flexibility to adapt and scale as your business grows.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux is ready to run your toughest workloads right out of the box, and a set of performance-optimized profiles and tuning utilities help you to tailor and align system behavior for your particular workloads.
As one of the highest-performing operating systems available, Red Hat Enterprise Linux is frequently chosen as the platform to run industry benchmarks that showcase leadership in diverse areas such as computational scalability, application performance, and database throughput.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux gives system administrators a powerful framework to simplify both deployment processes and system configuration. A concise set of commands and intuitive graphical user interface mean that Red Hat Enterprise Linux helps you manage your infrastructure with ease.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux is compatible with heterogeneous systems, including UNIX and Microsoft Windows Server. Integration with Microsoft Active Directory and the identity management features within Red Hat Enterprise Linux make this possible. Additionally, Red Hat Enterprise Linux can be deployed as a guest operating system across public clouds and several supported hypervisors, further extending its flexibility.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- Deploy clusters of systems to tackle the most challenging workloads. Subscriptions for Red Hat Enterprise Linux in clusters are affordable, easy to deploy, and support hardware scale-out.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for IBM Power
- Deploy applications with confidence using the advanced features in IBM Power Systems and the consistency and flexibility of the market-leading Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating platform.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for IBM System z
- Combine the core strengths of the IBM mainframe and IBM software with the open flexibility of Linux to reduce complexity and costs for today’s applications.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Business Applications
- Reduce the complexity of your SAP application deployments. This variant includes the infrastructure software stack you need for the best possible operation of SAP apps, plus enterprise-class service and support.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for SAP HANA® provides an open, reliable, and scalable foundation for your most demanding data solutions. This ready-to-use environment is preconfigured for performance and optimized for SAP HANA.
- High Availability
- Red Hat's High Availability Add-On provides on-demand failover to make applications highly available.
- Resilient Storage
- Access the same storage device over a network, whether using shared storage or a clustered file system.
- Smart Management
- Easily manage and update Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with network and provisioning modules that work with Red Hat Satellite.
- Extended Update Support
- Want to stay on a particular snapshot for an extended period of time? This Add-On extends the support period of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux update for 24 months and delivers overlapping release support to give enterprise customers more flexibility.
IT managers value Red Hat Enterprise Linux for the robustness, security, stability, high performance, and scalability it delivers to their organizations. Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation bring the power and innovation of the world's leading enterprise Linux platform to the desktop. Whether you’re a business user, developer, or systems administrator, there's an edition of Red Hat Enterprise Linux to meet your needs.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop lets users be productive with a complete set of user applications, including LibreOffice, a full office productivity suite with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, drawing, and database apps. And, with the latest Internet apps for email, web browsing, and chat, users can achieve maximum productivity with their Red Hat Enterprise Linux desktops.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation is designed for advanced Linux users working on more powerful systems. It's optimized for high-performance activities, like graphics, animation, and scientific computing. In addition to those capabilities and applications included in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation delivers the deployment tools that make provisioning and administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux desktops efficient and cost-effective.
Our training courses are hands-on and role-based. This means students stay at their keyboards for up to 80% of a course, boosting the retention of skills they'll use every day. We offer several convenient ways to train and save, and training facilities around the world. Visit our student center to learn more.
- Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
Learn essential administration tasks that will be encountered in the workplace, including installing the operating system, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and performing basic security administration.
- Red Hat System Administration II (RH134)
Dive deeper into Red Hat Enterprise Linux to broaden your toolkits of administration skills. Learn to administer and troubleshoot file systems and partitioning, logical volume management, access control, and package management.
- RHCE Rapid Track Course (RH299)
Fast-track to RHCE certification for senior Linux system administrators.
Employers notice Red Hat certifications. They know that to become Red Hat Certified Professionals, candidates must complete real-world tasks using our technologies—not just answer questions about them. Build your career by getting certified. We offer multiple exam locations and ways to train.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Demonstrate the core system administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform environments.
Let Red Hat Consulting help you successfully deploy Red Hat Enterprise Linux. We offer flexible engagement models to help meet your IT goals. Have unallocated end-of-year budget? Consider using Consulting Units to secure resources you'll need in the upcoming year—without committing to a specific topic up front.
- Platform migrations
- Expert-guided migration to Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Collaboration is a pillar of the open source community. And it's how Red Hat approaches support. We're here 24x7. Speak directly with Red Hat support engineers, or access our award-winning Red Hat Customer Portal online, any time.
In keeping with the open source way, we like to keep the lines of communication open. So whether you're a customer or just interested in learning more, connect with us. We're eager to answer questions.
- Contact sales
- Our sales representatives are knowledgeable, friendly, and always ready to help.
- Find a partner
- Find a Red Hat partner that sells Red Hat Enterprise Linux or related applications.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop datasheet
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server datasheet
- Red Hat Software Collections feature brief
- Red Hat Developer Toolset feature brief
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for System z datasheet
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Health Check datasheet
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux academic use cases
- Red Hat Solutions for IBM Power Systems
- Standardize and save
- Migration best practices for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Integrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux with Windows in the datacenter
- Linux Containers: Why They're in Your Future and What Has to Happen First
- Modernize your IT infrastructure for increased efficiency
- 5 key components of standardized, efficient datacenters
- Your datacenter journey: Building a platform without boundaries
CRIS deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux as the underlying infrastructure for mission-critical systems, increasing scalability to support online ticket bookings.
- Raidió Teilifís Éireann (RTÉ)
"Red Hat has provided exactly what we were looking for—technology that is easy to use, reliable and secure with a viable price point." - Michael Connolly, senior project manager, Raidió Teilifís Éireann
- Cerner Corporation
The company migrated its database and application tier of Cerner Millennium to Red Hat Enterprise Linux running on HP ProLiant servers, producing a more stable and available system.
Red Hat's Hardware Certification Program ensures compatibility between Red Hat software products and hardware from industry-leading partners. In addition to hardware tests that verify compatibility, the program requires an active support relationship between Red Hat and the hardware partner. This relationship is your assurance that Red Hat and the certified hardware partner will work together to address issues should the need arise.Learn more