Why do so many well-known enterprises trust JBoss® Enterprise Middleware? Its breadth and quality, for starters. Here are a few who saw the benefits of migrating to JBoss software.
"...the flexibility and choice we have now with applications that have been successfully migrated will allow Sprint to have more control over the evolution of its infrastructure hosting, whether it be internally, externally, or a hybrid environment."
— Jamie Williams, IT Director, Sprint
Who: Telecommunications giant who provides a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services to more than 56 million customers.
Challenge: Significantly cut costs while delivering enhanced flexibility and agility to the company's mission-critical business applications.
Solution: Migrated from Oracle WebLogic and IBM WebSphere middleware platforms to Red Hat® JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, JBoss Operations Network, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Saved $4 million annually in licensing and maintenance fees
- Improved developer productivity
- Reduced time-to-market of Sprint products
Download the whitepaper [PDF]
"We are convinced that, as an open source solution, JBoss Enterprise Application Platform can offer new functions and standards more quickly than a proprietary software solution like WebSphere."
— Duok, -Ing, Hans-Peter Petek, IT Group Leader at Mazda Austria in Klagenfurt
Who: Importer and distributor of automobiles and repair parts.
Challenge: Provide cost-effective, flexible online model for Mazda Austria's online used car management system, that enables daily adjustments and new requests to be immediately implemented.
Solution: Standardize to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
- Decreased time-to-market
- Reduced operating costs and TCO
- Enhanced productivity
- Increased system adaptability and manageability
- Increased scalability
- Reduce vendor lock-in
"...we quickly and confidently made the decision to migrate our global enterprise web applications from the proprietary solution to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform."
— Mathias Berg, director, Global Web Systems, Heidelberg
Heidelberg DRUCKMASCHINEN AG
Who: World's leading solution provider for the print industry.
Challenge: Establish a new interactive customer portal.
Solution: Migrated from a proprietary to JBoss platform. Built their portal using JBoss Enterprise Portal Platform and JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
- Quicker ramp-up time
- Improved customer web presence
- Lower costs
- Reduced vendor lock-in
"JBoss ON enabled us to remove the questions, concerns, and risks...giving us visibility into our web application performance."
— Chuck Payne, systems administrator, Travel Channel
Who: Creators of travel content that inspires, entertains, and taps into the human desire to experience new things, explore new places, and engage with interesting people and cultures.
Challenge: Build a management and monitoring solution to ensure no downtime or viewing difficulties for www.travelchannel.com.
Solution: Added JBoss Operations Network to their Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and JBoss Enterprise Application Platform environment.
- Improved visibility of performance issues
- Enhanced risk management and capacity planning
- Increased throughput to servers 20-fold
- Gained ability to test during live events
Need more information?Contact sales
SEE HOW OTHERS ARE BENEFITING FROM JBOSS
- Stater Increases Stability and Performance of Mission-Critical Applications by Migrating to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Panthera Capital's CFD Trading Platform Achieves Improved Reliability, Performance, and Scalability After Migration to Red Hat Solutions
- Union Pacific Increases System Performance and Lowers Costs with JBoss Enterprise Middleware