ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportWeb Server Developer Studio Portfolio Edition JBoss Operations Network FuseSource Integration Products Web Framework Kit Application Platform Data Grid Portal Platform SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationMigrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Systems management Upgrading to Red Hat Enterprise Linux JBoss Enterprise Middleware IBM AIX to Red Hat Enterprise Linux HP-UX to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Solaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux UNIX to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Start a conversation with Red Hat Migration services
TrainingPopular and new courses JBoss Middleware Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing and Virtualization curriculum
ConsultingStandard Operating Environment (SOE) Strategic Migration Planning Service-oriented architecture (SOA) Enterprise Data Solutions Business Process Management
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
JBOSS® ENTERPRISE MIDDLEWARE™
PLEASE READ THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING SOFTWARE FROM RED HAT. BY USING RED HAT SOFTWARE, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR ASSENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT AND ACKNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS. AN INDIVIDUAL ACTING ON BEHALF OF AN ENTITY REPRESENTS THAT HE OR SHE HAS THE AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF THAT ENTITY. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THEN YOU MUST NOT USE THE RED HAT SOFTWARE. THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY RIGHTS TO RED HAT SERVICES SUCH AS SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE, UPGRADES OR SUPPORT. PLEASE REVIEW YOUR SERVICE OR SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT(S) THAT YOU MAY HAVE WITH RED HAT OR OTHER AUTHORIZED RED HAT SERVICE PROVIDERS REGARDING SERVICES AND ASSOCIATED PAYMENTS.
This end user license agreement ("EULA") governs the use of the JBoss Enterprise Middleware and any related updates, source code, appearance, structure and organization (the "Programs"), regardless of the delivery mechanism.
1. License Grant. Subject to the following terms, Red Hat, Inc. ("Red Hat") grants to you a perpetual, worldwide license to the Programs (each of which may include multiple software components) pursuant to the GNU Lesser General Public License v. 2.1. With the exception of certain image files identified in Section 2 below, each software component is governed by a license that permits you to run, copy, modify, and redistribute (subject to certain obligations in some cases) the software component. This EULA pertains solely to the Programs and does not limit your rights under, or grant you rights that supersede, the license terms applicable to any particular component.
2. Intellectual Property Rights. The Programs and each of their components are owned by Red Hat and other licensors and are protected under copyright law and under other laws as applicable. Title to the Programs and any component, or to any copy, modification, or merged portion shall remain with Red Hat and other licensors, subject to the applicable license. The "JBoss" trademark, "Red Hat" trademark, the individual Program trademarks, and the "Shadowman" logo are registered trademarks of Red Hat and its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. This EULA does not permit you to distribute the Programs using Red Hat's trademarks, regardless of whether they have been modified. You may make a commercial redistribution of the Programs only if (a) permitted under a separate written agreement with Red Hat authorizing such commercial redistribution or (b) you remove and replaced all occurrences of Red Hat trademarks and logos. Modifications to the software may corrupt the Programs. You should read the information found at http://www.redhat.com/about/corporate/trademark/ before distributing a copy of the Programs.
3. Limited Warranty. Except as specifically stated in this Section 3, a separate agreement with Red Hat, or a license for a particular component, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, the Programs and the components are provided and licensed "as is" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose. Red Hat warrants that the media on which the Programs and the components are provided will be free from defects in materials and manufacture under normal use for a period of 30 days from the date of delivery to you. Neither Red Hat nor its affiliates warrant that the functions contained in the Programs will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Programs will be entirely error free, appear or perform precisely as described in the accompanying documentation, or comply with regulatory requirements. This warranty extends only to the party that purchases subscription services for the Programs from Red Hat and/or its affiliates or a Red Hat authorized distributor.
4. Limitation of Remedies and Liability. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, your exclusive remedy under this EULA is to return any defective media within 30 days of delivery along with a copy of your payment receipt and Red Hat, at its option, will replace it or refund the money you paid for the media. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, under no circumstances will Red Hat, its affiliates, any Red Hat authorized distributor, or the licensor of any component provided to you under this EULA be liable to you for any incidental or consequential damages, including lost profits or lost savings arising out of the use or inability to use the Programs or any component, even if Red Hat, its affiliates, an authorized distributor, and/or licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall Red Hat's or its affiliates' liability, an authorized distributor's liability or the liability of the licensor of a component provided to you under this EULA exceed the amount that you paid to Red Hat for the media under this EULA.
5. Export Control. As required by the laws of the United States and other countries, you represent and warrant that you: (a) understand that the Programs and their components may be subject to export controls under the U.S. Commerce Department’s Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"); (b) are not located in a prohibited destination country under the EAR or U.S. sanctions regulations (currently Cuba, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, subject to change as posted by the United States government); (c) will not export, re-export, or transfer the Programs to any prohibited destination, persons or entities on the U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security Denied Parties List or Entity List, or the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons, or any similar lists maintained by other countries, without the necessary export license(s) or authorizations(s); (d) will not use or transfer the Programs for use in connection with any nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, missile technology, or military end-uses where prohibited by an applicable arms embargo, unless authorized by the relevant government agency by regulation or specific license; (e) understand and agree that if you are in the United States and export or transfer the Programs to eligible end users, you will, to the extent required by EAR Section 740.17(e), submit semi-annual reports to the Commerce Department's Bureau of Industry and Security, which include the name and address (including country) of each transferee; and (f) understand that countries including the United States may restrict the import, use, or export of encryption products (which may include the Programs and the components) and agree that you shall be solely responsible for compliance with any such import, use, or export restrictions.
6. Third Party Programs. Red Hat may distribute third party software programs with the Programs that are not part of the Programs. These third party software programs are not required to run the Programs, are provided as a convenience to you, and are subject to their own license terms. The license terms either accompany the third party software programs or can be viewed at http://www.redhat.com/licenses/thirdparty/eula.html. If you do not agree to abide by the applicable license terms for the third party software programs, then you may not install them. If you wish to install the third party software programs on more than one system or transfer the third party software programs to another party, then you must contact the licensor of the applicable third party software programs.
7. General. If any provision of this EULA is held to be unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. Any claim, controversy or dispute arising under or relating to this EULA shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York and of the United States, without regard to any conflict of laws provisions. The rights and obligations of the parties to this EULA shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
Copyright © 2013 Red Hat, Inc. All rights reserved. "Red Hat", "JBoss" and the JBoss logo are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.