ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportWeb Server Developer Studio Portfolio Edition JBoss Operations Network FuseSource Integration Products Web Framework Kit Application Platform Data Grid Portal Platform SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationMigrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Systems management Upgrading to Red Hat Enterprise Linux JBoss Enterprise Middleware IBM AIX to Red Hat Enterprise Linux HP-UX to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Solaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux UNIX to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Start a conversation with Red Hat Migration services
TrainingPopular and new courses JBoss Middleware Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing and Virtualization curriculum
ConsultingStandard Operating Environment (SOE) Strategic Migration Planning Service-oriented architecture (SOA) Enterprise Data Solutions Business Process Management
Issue #22 August 2006
- The kids are alright
- Belly up to the BarCamp
- How to set up a home web server
- The little laptop that could
- Fedora Core 6 advances printing
- Using Dogtail to automate Frysk GUI tests
- Integrated virtualization lives
- The Fedora message
- The Fedora Project and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, part 4
From the Inside
In each Issue
- Editor's blog
- Red Hat speaks
- Ask Shadowman
- Tips & tricks
- Fedora status report
- Podcast (XML)
- Magazine archive
From the Inside
In the news
- Forbes.com: Open Source Smack-Down
- SignOnSanDiego.com: The $100 laptop
- CNET: Open source casts new mold for type design
- eChannelLine: Bell Micro inks deal with Red Hat
- Techtree.com: Red Hat, IIT Hold Award Ceremony"
- Computerworld: Red Hat looks to symposium to spread the gospel
- Linux News: Connexions Takes Open Source Approach to Education Content
- FCW.com: An 800-pound gorilla no more?
- The Register: UK Universities love open source
- LinuxWorld: Red Hat, IIT to host summit on IP reform
Whitepapers and case studies
Get the insight you need to guide you on your next Linux project. Our whitepapers are written by Red Hat experts and respected industry analysts like IDC. They provide in-depth analysis on a range of topics including migration, security, and e-commerce. It's required reading for anyone considering open source technology. And it's free.
- Case study: Bank of Azerbaijan
- The International Bank of Azerbaijan is Azerbaijan's leading financial institution. When they needed to upgrade their email and Internet servers, they chose Red Hat Enterprise Linux because of its reliability, security, and cost. Read the case study
- Case study: Arabtec
- Arabtec Construction LLC (Arabtec) is the leading construction company in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Established in 1975, the company has undertaken a substantial program of construction projects, including high rise developments, hotel interiors, residential complexes, office blocks, airport developments, offshore oil and gas installations, cinemas, and entertainment facilities. The construction company's current projects include the Dubai Tower (the tallest tower in the world), The Dubai International Finance Centre, and the Conference Palace in Abu Dhabi. Read the case study
- Case study: Messe Munich
- Messe Munchen International (Munich International Trade Fair--MMI), which organizes about 40 trade fairs for capital goods, consumer goods, and new technologies is one of the world's leading trade fair companies. Over 30,000 exhibitors representing more than 90 countries and two million visitors from about 180 countries take part in the events in Munich every year. With five subsidiary companies abroad, global trade fairs and 75 foreign branches dealing with 89 countries, MMI has a very strong worldwide network. Read the case study.
- Case study: CD-adapco
- CD-adapco is a global leader of engineering and modeling services for a wide spectrum of businesses that include automotive and aerospace industries. With offices spanning the globe and clients demanding advanced computation-based engineering, CD-adapco must quickly and efficiently create cutting-edge solutions that meet the exacting standards of these highly technical industries. Large amounts of computing power and storage are essential requirements to carry out this mission-critical function. Read the case study or watch the video.
Check the list to see if Red Hat is coming to a city near you.
- The Eighth Annual CIO 100 Symposium and Awards
Aug 20-22, 2006
- Learn more and register
- Gartner Open Source Summit
Sep 27-29, 2006
- Open source is, and will continue to be, at the head of a sea-change in
the world of information technology. With some 50% of IT personnel
calling themselves "beginners" when it comes to open source, the Summit
offers a rare chance to go from "zero to 60" in critical Open Source IT
know-how. Attend this event and position yourself as a leader as you
examine how to deliver the benefits of Open Source technology to your
organization. Learn more about Open Source from the experts at Red Hat
by stopping by the booth on the show floor.
Learn more and register
- Gartner Symposium ITxpo
Oct 08-10, 2006
- The ITxpo event floor is loaded with the very latest solutions from
technology providers at the very leading edge of their fields. See
breakthrough innovations for yourself. Talk to experts who know their
full potential. The focus is on problem solving. The atmosphere is
refreshingly low-hype. Discover. Compare. Evaluate. Take home a new
perspective on how you might solve your most pressing problems.
Come visit the Red Hat booth on the show floor.
Learn more and register
- Oracle World
Oct 22-26, 2006
San Francisco, CA
- Oracle OpenWorld 2006 is the world's largest event dedicated to helping
enterprises understand and harness the power of information. Connect
with the people, products, and trends at the forefront of business and
information technology in San Francisco.
Experience the latest in Oracle applications, technologies and solutions
Network with your peers and business partners
Gain inspiration from industry thought leaders and featured keynotes
Come visit the Red Hat Booth located in Moscone South Booth #822.
Learn more and register