ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportDeveloper Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingBusiness Process Management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems Management Migrations
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers gives you near-bare-metal and better-than-bare-metal performance, and industry-leading scalability for enterprise workloads. Virtualize even the most demanding application workloads with features like:
- Record-setting results on the industry-standard virtualization benchmark SPECvirt_sc20101, including the highest overall performance and the highest number of performant VMs on a single server.
- Support for the latest Intel and AMD server chipsets for superior consolidation and VM performance.
- Up to between 95% and 140% performance relative to bare metal for real-world enterprise workloads like SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft Exchange.
- More than 1 million messages per second on a single server with low latency.
- Consolidation ratios of more than 400 VMs with enterprise workloads running on a single server.
1. Comparison based on benchmark addressing performance evaluation of datacenter servers used in virtualized server consolidation at www.spec.org/virt_sc2010/ as of 9 May, 2012. SPEC® and the benchmark name SPECvirt_sc® are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation.
The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager is a centralized management system that lets system administrators view and manage virtual machines and images, providing a graphical user interface to administer the physical and logical resources. The management console provides enterprise capabilities, including:
- High availability
- Live migration
- Live snapshots
- Storage live migration
- Storage management
- Network management
- System scheduler
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers uses SELinux with sVirt and the hardened Red Hat Enterprise Linux kernel to provide a secure virtualization infrastructure.
- The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization ISV program is a vibrant ecosystem of partners offering solutions in complementary areas, like backup and recovery, workflow automation, and capacity planning.
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers also supports the leading enterprise hardware, operating systems, and applications certified for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization is Microsoft Server Virtualization Validation Program (SVVP)-certified to support current supported versions of Windows operating systems and Microsoft server applications.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers offers a lower total cost of ownership compared to other virtualization solutions. So you can deploy more virtualized servers today and, with a quicker return on investment (ROI), install your next virtualization project sooner.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Desktops lets you host complete desktop environments virtually on servers located in a centralized datacenter. Users connect via inexpensive thin clients or repurposed PCs. The result?
- A user experience that's nearly indistinguishable from a local PC.
- Improved data security.
- Reduced total cost of ownership.
Contact Red Hat Sales to learn more about Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers, to get an evaluation copy, or to purchase Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers.
Red Hat works with an ecosystem of partners to build, optimize, and deliver complete solutions. Through our global network of leading hardware, software, and service provider vendors, Red Hat offers you a wealth of proven technology solutions that solve real-world business challenges.
Learn more about Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers:
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3 features guide
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers datasheet
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers competitive features whitepaper
Performance and scalability
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization scalability
- Oracle performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- AMQP messaging performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Java™ performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Microsoft Exchange performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- IBM DB2 performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- LAMP performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Microsoft IIS performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Running SAP and Sybase ASE on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers: Pricing quickguide
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers: Competitive pricing guide
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers TCO and ROI calculators
Red Hat Consulting and Training
Other products you may find useful:
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Desktops provides an exceptional user experience, cross-platform support, and the power of open source for the virtualization of your desktop environments.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, the foundation for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization hypervisor technology, is also a great guest operating system for your server workloads. Learn why Red Hat Enterprise Linux runs best on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.