ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportDeveloper Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingBusiness Process Management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems Management Migrations
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Desktops: Advanced desktop virtualization management
Red Hat® Enterprise Virtualization for Desktops has a feature-rich desktop virtualization management system that provides advanced capabilities for physical host servers, virtual machine (VM) guests, and everything in between.
Simplified desktop management
- Easily create desktop templates according to the specific needs of particular users or groups within the organization.
- Reduce or even eliminate desk-side visits and support.
- Gain visibility into the current status of desktop VMs, hosts, storage, network, and more, with built-in monitoring and reporting tools.
- Simplify desktop management with an intuitive, search-driven user interface.
- Use a single, centralized management console to manage both server and desktop VMs.
- Rapidly provision new desktop environments to users within minutes, instead of days or longer.
Leverage a powerful suite of features and utilities from a centralized, intuitive interface
- Live migration: Allows VMs to be moved from one host to another while running with zero downtime and no effect on performance.
- Maintenance manager: Allows hosts to be upgraded and maintained while VMs are running.
- Image manager: Manage templates and snapshots to quickly build new VMs from standard configurations.
- Thin provisioning: Provision new virtual desktops based on master templates, saving up to 90% storage capacity.
- Snapshots: Capture the state of a virtual desktop, enabling rapid restoration of desktop environments in the case of an end-point hardware failure.
- System scheduler: Create policies to automatically load-balance desktop VMs across multiple hosts to load-balance workloads.
- Power saver: Lets the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager consolidate VMs onto a smaller number of hosts during non-peak hours and power down unneeded hosts.
- Desktop pooling: Create groups of virtual desktops that can be accessed on demand by end users, simplifying the desktop-provisioning process and increasing access flexibility.
- Flexible storage: Store virtual desktop images and data using either Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI), Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP), or Network File System (NFS).
- Get a demonstration of the desktop pooling function in Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Desktops