ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportDeveloper Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingBusiness Process Management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems Management Migrations
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers: Performance and scalability
Virtualize even the most demanding application workloads
Red Hat® Enterprise Virtualization for Servers allows even the most demanding application workloads to be virtualized with features including:
- Support for the latest Intel Xeon and AMD server chipsets for superior consolidation and virtual machine (VM) performance.
- Top scores in the SPECvirt_2010 virtualization benchmark, including the top performance scores overall and the highest number of performant VMs running on a single hypervisor.
- Up to between 95% and 140% performance relative to bare metal for real-world enterprise workloads.
- More than 1 million messages per second on a single server with low latency.
- Consolidation ratios of more than 400 VMs with enterprise workloads running on a single server.
With unparalleled performance and scalability, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers can:
- Exceed bare-metal performance. Server deployments provide scalable enterprise application workloads with up to 95% or more of the bare-metal performance of a single server. Achieve higher-than-bare-metal performance for applications that aren't optimized or engineered to scale to today's high number of cores and memory.
- Provide high I/O and low latency. The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor with Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) technology has achieved over 1 million messages per second on a single virtual server, robust Microsoft Exchange performance, and high I/O throughout in Oracle database workloads.
- Consolidate to fewer physical servers. Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization can consolidate higher numbers of functional enterprise workloads on a single physical server.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers and your enterprise applications:
- Oracle performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization [PDF]
- AMQP messaging performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization [PDF]
- Java performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization [PDF]
- Microsoft Exchange performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization [PDF]
- IBM DB2 performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization [PDF]
- LAMP performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization [PDF]
- Microsoft IIS performance on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization [PDF]