ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
What’s new in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5?
More secure. More scalable. More flexible. And always more innovative.
Red Hat® subscriptions provide continuous access to Red Hat software, including all supported versions, security updates, bug fixes, and feature enhancements. Each release is tested and certified by Red Hat and its partners to ensure application stability throughout the life cycle. With a rich ecosystem of customers, community, and partners, there's always something new and innovative about Red Hat Enterprise Linux®.
On November 21, 2013, Red Hat announced the next minor release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5. It has been optimized for performance, scalability, and flexibility to help organizations manage diverse workloads across physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 delivers:
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP) support for time-sensitive applications.
- Centralized certificate administration and security updates.
- High-performance virtual guest experience on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, VMware, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Large-scale resource management.
- Broader support for solid-state storage devices.
- Productivity enhancements to LibreOffice and Evolution.
- Extended subscription management services.
- Download Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5.
- Learn more about Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Get more information about the Red Hat Enterprise Linux life cycle.
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat.
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed.
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter.
- Join Red Hat on Facebook.
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube.
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, taking a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at www.redhat.com.