ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
CenturyLink Saves Time and Money, Adds Flexibility
April 25, 2014
CenturyLink sought an open source solution for deploying applications to increase flexibility and lower costs.
“Red Hat’s open source technologies allowed us to solve problems with a real understanding of what is available to us rather than just taking a vendor’s sales pitch.“ - John Liptak, principal architect, CenturyLink
CenturyLink needed to migrate from proprietary to open source solutions to save time and money.
The organization increased solution flexibility at a lower cost with Red Hat solutions.
- Decrease operational cycle time for deploying applications
- Save time and money spent on environmental setup and operations
- Migrate from proprietary application servers to open source solutions for easier system administration
- Migrated from Oracle WebLogic Server to Red Hat JBoss Middleware for deploying applications
- Added OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat as the deployment platform to host internal applications
- Engaged with Red Hat consultants for adopting open source solutions and Red Hat Training for in-depth knowledge on using Red Hat JBoss Fuse
- Increased solution flexibility at a lower cost with an open source subscription
- Allowed better separation of operational considerations and application deployment
- Decreased number of application server versions
- Established relationship with Red Hat for further support with products
Adopted newer technologies with better access to product evaluation and information