ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
CRIS Books More, Happier Passengers with Infrastructure Powered by Red Hat
April 14, 2014
CRIS deployed Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® as the underlying infrastructure for mission-critical systems, increasing scalability to support online ticket bookings.
Customer: Centre for Railway Information Systems
“We look to Red Hat for technology leadership through updates and support that help us to improve our application tuning so that we can give our customers the best possible experience.“ - Suneeti Goel, chief project engineer, Passenger Reservation System Group, CRIS
CRIS' infrastructure needed to handle a workload of 25,000 concurrent users during peak ticket booking periods.
10 servers of Intel Xeon, 6-core processor
The organization gained an operational, state-of-the-art journey planning system in the most cost-effective manner with shortest time to market.
- Support nearly 2 million passengers a day on over 2,500 trains nationwide.
- Handle a workload of 25,000 concurrent users during peak booking periods.
- Deploy a highly scalable solution based on open standards.
- Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux as the underlying infrastructure for mission-critical systems, increasing scalability to support online ticket bookings.
- Developed the CRIS Journey Planner (JP), an application for passengers based on open JavaTM EE 6 standards, which caters to 25,000 concurrent users and provides a high-performing, user-friendly, and highly available interface.
- Collaborated closely with Red Hat Consulting during the planning, execution, and implementation of the projects.
- Gained an operational, state-of-the-art journey planning system in the most cost-effective manner with shortest time to market.
- Avoided vendor lock-in and achieved interoperability by integrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux into the existing infrastructure.
- Increased customer satisfaction by developing and launching a reliable, streamlined train journey planning system.