ProductsDesktop Server OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal A-MQ Fuse BRMS Fuse Service Works Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Leading Financial Services Company Builds Global Enterprise Cloud with Red Hat CloudForms
May 3, 2013
Find out how a leading financial services company used Red Hat CloudForms to ensure a successful transformation to a global enterprise cloud and reduced service delivery times from weeks to hours.
One of the world’s leading financial services companies wanted to transform its IT infrastructure and create a global, distributed enterprise cloud. Offering a broad range of financial products with offices in more than 50 countries and more than 64,000 employees, the company decided to leverage cloud computing to accelerate service delivery. The cloud would enable automated provisioning and self-service for each line of business while maximizing IT resource investments.
The company operates a large, distributed, world-class IT infrastructure with a strong emphasis on process and methodology governance. However, its lines of business were requesting faster service delivery to compete more effectively in the dynamic, global financial services market. Request fulfillment from the businesses for new services would typically be measured in weeks due to manual processes and handoffs between different IT silos. Resources were tracked and managed manually, leading to delays, inefficiency, and increased costs.
The company decided to extend its IT infrastructure into a global enterprise cloud, leveraging solutions for cloud management and service delivery automation. This transformation would help the company increase operational efficiencies, maximize IT resource investments, and accelerate service delivery.
Cloud management would be tightly integrated with the company’s IT service management systems and processes (ITSM), including enterprise service catalog and configuration management database (CMDB), as well as other management systems.
The company looked for a strategic partner who could provide a highly scalable cloud management solution combined with experience with large, complex IT infrastructures and management systems to ensure a successful transformation to a global enterprise cloud.
The company selected Red Hat CloudForms as its enterprise-scale solution along with its valuable expertise and consulting in the areas of architecture, integration, and deployment.
The CloudForms solution was selected because it provides high-quality enterprise cloud capabilities, together with global scalability, distributed datacenter support, and open integration. After selection, the CloudForms engineers engaged with the company’s management and engineering teams worldwide to build the company’s cloud, integrate critical management systems, and enable management of the environment on a continuous, real-time basis.
With the CloudForms solution and the team’s expertise, the company delivered a global enterprise cloud on time, providing the lines of business with the ability to request services anywhere in the world via their enterprise service catalog. Through fully-automated provisioning, real-time resource management, and intelligent workload placement, complex services are now delivered globally via an enterprise cloud based on business policies and resource availability. Beyond service delivery, the CloudForms solution enables continuous service management, operational visibility and control over the company’s new global enterprise cloud.
The CloudForms solution provided:
- Unified enterprise cloud management with a single pane of glass for global visibility, control and automation, enabling extension of the existing infrastructure into a reliable, secure, and elastic enterprise cloud
- Accelerated service delivery and lifecycle management through automation, eliminating manual processes and dramatically reducing delivery times from weeks to hours
- Maximized IT investments and improved productivity by reducing operational complexity, applying adaptive automation, and continuous resource optimization
- Increased service levels and satisfaction to the business by enabling self service, with automated delivery and intelligent placement
- Integrated cloud management
- Intelligent workload management with performance monitoring, predictive analytics, and policy-based automation
- Achieved unified management
- Reduced delivery times from weeks to hours with fully automated provisioning
- Maximized IT investments by extending and optimizing existing infrastructure into a global cloud
- Gained intelligent, policy-based workload management with advanced analytics and monitoring
- Gained comprehensive visibility into utilization, performance, configuration, operational activities, and events
- Enabled real-time, policy-based enforcement to ensure reliability, availability, and security
- Gained process, task, and event automation with model-driven workflows
- Achieved bidirectional integration with existing infrastructure and management tools
- Gained analytics insight with self-learning capabilities for normal operating ranges, trends, bottlenecks, and efficiency