ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Ikano Bank is More Efficient with Red Hat Storage
April 24, 2014
Ikano Bank turned to Red Hat for a clustered software storage solution, increasing availability of services and reducing system downtime.
Customer: Ikano Bank
“Choosing Red Hat technologies was important to our organization because of the security of the solutions and lack of vendor lock-in.“ - Zdenek Sedlak, infrastructure architect, Ikano Bank AB
Ikano Bank needed a highly available storage solution while updating data management processes.
8-core blades with 256GB memory and FC storage
Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Storage Server provided a clustered storage system that achieved better server performance and reduced system downtime.
- Update internal data management processes with a high-availability storage solution
- Incorporate better manageability and failover features into a new file storage server
- Choose a reliable solution with professional support available
- Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Storage Server for a clustered software storage system
- Integrated the new solution with the company’s technical standards
- Worked with Red Hat Consulting to prepare an optimal storage configuration for the organization
- Increased availability of services for customers
- Decreased customer data batch processing time
- Reduced system downtime by eliminating single points of failure
- Achieved better server performance when accessing data by distributing the data in clusters
- Eliminated service windows required for patching storage systems