ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Vodafone Prepares for Cloud with Red Hat JBoss Fuse
April 24, 2014
Vodafone chose Red Hat® JBoss® Fuse for a middleware platform that can be used for future cloud use.
“Red Hat JBoss Fuse gave us a more flexible environment with the portability to transfer to the cloud.“ - Bruno Meseguer, development architect, Vodafone
Vodafone needed a middleware platform that can work in multiple environments while reducing hardware costs.
The organization saved costs and improved operational processes by migrating to Red Hat JBoss Fuse.
- Find a middleware platform that is high performing and scalable for cloud use.
- Integrate the solution to work in multiple environments (like developing and testing applications).
- Decrease hardware costs due to vendor lock-in of previous solution.
- Deployed Red Hat JBoss Fuse on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers to connect services provided to customers.
- Used Red Hat Training and Consulting to develop a solution framework that can be expanded in the future.
- Engaged Red Hat Support to provide assistance during early product installation.
- Introduced a future-ready and scalable solution with the ability to move to a cloud environment.
- Saved costs by migrating from IBM WebSphere DataPower (tied to costly hardware) to Red Hat JBoss Fuse.
- Improved development and operational processes.
- Increased productivity and simplified complex processes.
- Customized solution to satisfy product performance requirements with assistance from Red Hat Consulting.