ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportRed Hat JBoss Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform BRMS Data Services Platform JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsThe new IT Why open hybrid cloud? Why Red Hat Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingClassroom training Red Hat Online Learning Virtual training Remote classroom training On-site team training Online Learning LabsPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
Red Hat Network Architectural Overview
Red Hat Network is available in two different deployment models, based on your system management needs and size of deployment:
The customer's individual systems connect with RHN via the Internet and exchange packages and information from the central RHN servers.
- Intuitive web user interface makes it easy to manage systems
- Hosted database repository
- No additional infrastructure needed in your environment
- Set up in only minutes
All Red Hat Network functionality is on your network, allowing you much greater functionality and customization. The Satellite server connects with Red Hat over the public Internet only to download new content and updates.This model also allows customers to take their Red Hat Network solution completely off-line if desired.
- Includes an embedded OracleŽ database to store packages, profiles, and system information.
- Instantly update systems for security fixes or to provide packages or applications needed immediately.
- API layer lets you create scripts to automate functions or integrate with existing management applications.
- Distribute custom or 3rd party applications and updates.
- Create staged environments (development, test, production) to select, manage and test content in a structured manner.
- Create errata for custom content, or modify existing errata to provide specific information to different groups.
- Access to advanced features in the Provisioning Module, such as bare metal PXE boot provisioning and integrated network install trees.
- Access to Red Hat Network Monitoring Module for track system and application performance.
Red Hat Network Proxy Server is also available as an add-on for both Hosted and Satellite environments. The Proxy Server caches packages to speed downloads. In a Hosted environment, this can greatly reduce Internet bandwidth used. If you are using Satellite server, adding Proxy servers to remote locations that have many systems can improve scalability and performance.
Red Hat offers a 5-day Professional Services engagement to install and configure a Satellite server. A limited 3-day Professional Services offer is also available for Satellite.
Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management is a 4-day intensive, hands-on class by Red Hat Global Learning Services. This class covers topics related to systems management, including the installation and use of RHN Satellite and Proxy servers.