SolutionsPrivate Clouds: Cloudforms PaaS: OpenShift Public Clouds Cloud Portfolio Building Clouds Cloud Partner Program ResourcesMedium & Large Enterprise Enterprise Solutions Business Intelligence Collaboration & Content Management Enterprise Applications Security Web Applications
The Cluster Manager feature of Red Hat Cluster Suite provides an application failover infrastructure that can be used by a wide range of applications, including:
- Most custom and mainstream commercial applications
- File and print serving
- Databases and database applications
- Messaging applications
- Internet and open source application
With Cluster Manager, these applications can be deployed in high availability configurations so that they are always operationalbringing "scale-out" capabilities to enterprise Linux deployments.
For high-volume open source applications, such as NFS, Samba, and Apache, Cluster Manager provides a complete ready-to-use failover solution. For most other applications, customers can create custom failover scripts using provided templates. Red Hat Professional Services can provide custom Cluster Manager deployment services where required.
- Support for up to eight nodes: Allows high availability to be provided for multiple applications simultaneously.
- NFS/CIFS Failover: Supports highly available file serving in Unix and Windows environments.
- Fully shared storage subsystem: All cluster members have access to the same storage.
- Comprehensive Data Integrity guarantees: Uses the latest I/O barrier technology, such as programmable power switches and watchdog timers.
- SCSI and Fibre Channel support: Cluster Manager configurations can be deployed using latest SCSI and Fibre Channel technology. Multi-terabyte configurations can readily be made highly available.
- Service failover: Cluster Manager not only ensures hardware shutdowns or failures are detected and recovered from automatically, but also will monitor your applications to ensure they are running correctly, and will restart them automatically if they fail.
For additional information on Cluster Manager technology, refer to the "Delivering High Availability Solutions with Red Hat Cluster Suite" whitepaper.