Sessions & Labs
Sessions: Red Hat Consulting
Decoding the Code: Summit
Interested in optimizing your open source investment? Learn how to implement security policies, increase performance and scalability, meet service level agreements, and more effectively manage your deployments.
Red Hat Reference Architectures: An Overview
Vijay Trehan — Director, Solutions Architecture, Red Hat
Rachel Cassidy — Vice President, Global Professional Services, Red Hat
In this session, Vijay Trehan and Rachel Cassidy will answer several reference architecture questions, including:
- What is a Red Hat reference architecture?
- How does Red Hat provide the deep technical collateral for its major strategic initiatives, including Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat Cloud Foundations?
- Who writes them?
- Who is the intended audience?
In addition to encouraging various Red Hat groups to author reference architectures, we actively seek collaboration with partners and customers to author/co-author reference architectures that showcase Red Hat working with our hardware / software partners to solve real customer problems.
For the benefit of our partners and customers this session will also cover:
- A summary of the 50+ published reference architectures currently available on redhat.com
- Examples of reference architectures developed with our partners and customers
- How to use reference architectures and what they can do for you
- How to provide feedback on reference architectures
- How to propose a new reference architecture or the updating of an existing reference architecture
- How to volunteer to work on a reference architecture
- Annual awards for the best reference architectures
Vijay and Rachel will close this session with a brief discussion on “community”-developed reference architectures for business-critical use cases and solutions based on Red Hat solutions.
|Decoding the Code: Summit||Wednesday, May 4||10:20 am - 11:20 am||3.0 / 5.0|
Enterprise Insights: Summit
This track will break down how open source can give your IT ecosystem a competitive edge. We'll show you why open source software is more secure, has a lower cost and higher value, is interoperable with thousands of ISVs, and is essential for the success and growth of your organization.
Journey to the Cloud -- Do you have Directions?
Cal Hullihen — Cloud Solutions Architect, HP
Louis Carroll said, If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there. This is especially true when youre trying to embrace the cloud. Even with a great vehicle built upon Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization or Red Hat Cloud Foundations and HP Converged Infrastructure, if you dont have a comprehensive cloud roadmap to guide you, youre likely to end up someplace that will not meet your IT or business needs and, even worse, youll take a lot of detours to get there.
Please join this session to learn how HP can help you build an actionable roadmap to the right destination for your organization and help you avoid potholes, roadblocks, and dead ends as you undertake your journey to the cloud. This session is designed for the senior IT or business leader looking to build a solid cloud strategy, design a private cloud solution, or speed up organizational alignment with objective capability analysis and planning.
|Enterprise Insights: Summit||Wednesday, May 4||4:20 pm - 5:20 pm||0.0 / 5.0|