ProductsDesktop Server Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Fuse Red Hat JBoss A-MQ SOA Platform BRMS Data Services Platform JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingClassroom training Red Hat Online Learning Virtual training Remote classroom training On-site team training Online Learning LabsPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Performance-based testing of real-world skills
Red Hat certifications
Proven Real-world Skills
Skeptical of IT certifications? Red Hat® certifications are different. To earn a Red Hat certification, you must pass a hands-on, practical exam in which you complete real-world tasks using our technologies rather than just being asked questions about the technology.
Our certification program gives employers a way to find and develop qualified professionals and allows technical professionals to prove their skills and build their careers.
Certifications by job role
Red Hat offers the following certifications to validate the skills and knowledge of IT professionals who use our products.
System administrators, engineers, and architects
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Security Network Services
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise inDeployment and Systems Management
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise inDirectory Services and Authentication
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in SELinux Policy Administration
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Clustering and Storage Management
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise inPerformance Tuning
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening
- Red Hat Certified JBoss Administrator (RHCJA)
- Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
- Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialist (RHCDS)
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Enterprise developers and application administrators
- Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer(RHCJD)
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Persistence
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Seam
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in ESB
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Camel Development
- Red Hat Certified JBoss Administrator (RHCJA)
Cloud and virtualization administrators
Certifications by exam
Passing one or more exams is the requirement for achieving a Red Hat certification. The following list identifies all currently available exams.
- EX200 - Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Exam
- EX210 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in OpenStack Infrastructure-as-a-Service
- EX225 - Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer(RHCJD) Exam
- EX236 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage Exam
- EX248 - Red Hat Certified JBoss Administration (RHCJA) Exam
- EX297 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Persistence Exam
- EX300 - Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Exam
- EX311 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Seam Exam
- EX318 - Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) Exam
- EX333 - Red Hat Enterprise Security: Network Services Expertise Exam
- EX336 - JBoss Certified Application Administrator Exam
- EX401 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise inEnterprise Deployment and Systems Management Exam
- EX413 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening
- EX421 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Camel Development
- EX423 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise inDirectory Services and Authentication Exam
- EX429 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in SELinux Policy Administration Exam
- EX431 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in ESB Exam
- EX436 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Clustering and Storage Management Exam
- EX442 - Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning Exam
Red Hat Certifications provide a path to success
Red Hat Certification Central
Manage your certification profile to connect with potential employers and other Red Hat Certified Professionals. Participate in Red Hat’s community, form study groups, and collaborate on current projects.
Re-certify and save
Keeping your Red Hat certifications current is more affordable than ever with our deep discount.
Develop and maintain your skills
Explore Red Hat Training's flexible options for learning new skills and building your career.
Individual Exam Sessions
Schedule a Red Hat exam for a time that works best for you.
Red Hat certification employer resource
Your IT staff is an important asset. Red Hat is your partner in making your team successful. Red Hat Certified Professionals are proven. They have demonstrated their knowledge and skills in rigorous, hands-on, lab-based exams. Let us help you build an effective team that will make the most of your Red Hat subscriptions.
Find a Red Hat Certified Professional
Search for Red Hat Certified Professionals by location and certification.
Verify a Red Hat Certified Professional
Verify a certification ID and confirm that someone is certified by Red Hat.
Build and develop your team
Use our skills assessments, flexible training options, and performance-based testing to build a proven team in your organization.
Match skillsets to Red Hat certifications
Do you need someone with these skills?
Red Hat Certification
Performs core system administration responsibilities involving local storage, partitioning, starting and stopping services, file systems, and users
Performs more senior-level system administration tasks including configuring of remote storage, shell scripting, setting kernel run-time parameters, and configuration of network services such as file sharing, web, ssh and ftp
Implements and manages enterprise-ready virtualization infrastructure and virtual guests (Linux and Windows(R)) using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) hypervisors and RHEV-M management
Red Hat Certified Virtualization Adminstrator (RHCVA) included in Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialist (RHCDS) and Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Installs, configures and manages Red Hat JBoss Application Platform for production purposes and deploys applications
Develops, extends and improves Java Enterprise Edition Applications for deployment to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
Red Hat JBoss Application Platform
Uses host-based, user-based, and cryptographic security techniques to control access to standard network services
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Security Network Services included in RHCA and Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
Uses Red Hat Satellite Server, Cobbler and kickstart to deploy and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux Systems in a scalable, efficient manner; builds RPMs; creates version control repositories
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management; included in RHCDS and RHCA
Red Hat Satellite Server
Creates high availability clusters; manages logical volumes and snapshots; configures iSCSI initiators and targets
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Clustering and Storage Management; included in RHCDS and RHCA
Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability Add-On (Cluster Suite, GFS)
Uses standard system tools to analyze and improve the performance of Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and applications running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux for specific workloads and performance parameters
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning; included in RHCA
Implements directory services and authentication for enterprise environments; configures systems to use directory services (Red Hat Directory Server, Windows Active Directory) and Kerberos
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Directory Services and Authentication; included in RHCDS and RHCA
Red Hat Directory Server
Configures parameters in the standard SELinux Targeted Policy; creates custom SELinux policies
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in SELinux Policy Administration; included in RHCSS
Creates, maintains and extends JBoss® enterprise service bus (ESB) framework-based enterprise applications and interactions
Red Hat JBoss SOA Platform
Creates, maintains and extends Java™ applications that use the Java Persistence APIs (JPA) with JBoss® Hibernate®
Red Hat JBoss Application Platform;
Red Hat JBoss Web Server
Implements server security hardening practices aligned to commonly-used security specifications such as SCAP and PCI
Develops enterprise integration patterns to route, mediate and transform messages and other information flows between enterprise services
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Integration Development
Red Hat JBoss Fuse
(Later this year: Red Hat SOA-P)
Implements private cloud infrastructure using OpenStack
Red Hat OpenStack;
Implements and manages flexible storage solutions suited for private and hybrid clouds
Red Hat Storage Server
Red Hat Storage Appliance
WHY EMPLOYERS AROUND THE WORLD RELY ON RED HAT
Red Hat is your partner in building and developing an effective technical team. Red Hat®'s hands-on, practical certification exams prove that the Red Hat Certified Professionals you hire and manage are qualified to work with your Red Hat products. Learn how our certifications, skills assessments, and training—both self-paced and instructor-led—can help you develop a team of professionals ready to lead you into the future.
Building a proven Red Hat team
|90%||of Fortune 500 companies rely on Red Hat|
|4,286||exams delivered worldwide in October|
|172||countries have Red Hat Certified Professionals|
- Rackspace improves customer satisfaction with Red Hat certifications. Read the case study.
- Secure-24 looks for Red Hat Certified Professionals when hiring. Read the case study.
- Hiring? Match your required skillsets to Red Hat certifications.
- Linux Foundation reports pressing need for Linux talent. View the 2013 Linux Jobs Report.
- Demand for Linux skills sets a new record. Read the article.