ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportDeveloper Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingBusiness Process Management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems Management Migrations
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in ESB
The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in ESB credential demonstrates an individual's readiness to undertake the real-world tasks associated with using JBoss ESB to create and maintain the vital communications links between disparate enterprise applications. Candidates will be tested on core ESB skills and concepts, including:
- Basic ESB administration and configuration.
- ESB-deployable packaging and configuration.
- Basic JMS configuration for ESB services.
- Configuring and using common ESB providers and listeners, such as FTP, JMS, SQL, and file system-based messaging.
- ESB message structure, including validation.
- ESB message lifecycle, including transformations, actions, responses, and exception handling.
- Key ESB concepts, such as optimizations, transactions, and security.
NOTE: The exam associated to this crediential is only available via Individual Exam Session.
A certificate holder of the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in ESB is able to perform the following tasks:
- Understand JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform technologies.
- Write custom ESB actions to leverage legacy services.
- Use built-in actions to incorporate existing services.
- Leverage web services, JMS providers, and service deployments to expose business functions.
- Apply transformations to support diverse message formats.
- Use JBoss Developer Studio tooling to build and deploy ESB services.
Certification program requirements include:
- The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Seam Exam (EX431) consists of 1 section lasting up to 4 hours.
- The certification exam is performance-based, meaning that candidates must perform tasks on a live system, rather than answering questions about how one might perform those tasks.
- The hands-on nature of this exam makes real-world experience a critical facet of preparation.
- All certifications are considered current for 3 calendar years after they are earned. See recertification policies for more information.
The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in ESB is designed for:
- Experienced enterprise Java™ developers who are familiar with SOA principles and JBoss ESB.
- Enterprise SOA architects with some Java development experience and knowledge of JBoss ESB.
Benefits to earning a Red Hat certification include:
- Recognition in the industry.
- Increased customer confidence.
- Proof of knowledge and skills.
- Certification verification tool for employers.
- Use of the certification logo on business cards.
- Access to multiple Red Hat Certified Professional online communities (Facebook, LinkedIn, and others).
- Access to Red Hat Certification Central website.
- Ability to download certification logo.
- Ability to purchase Red Hat certification gear.
- Access to Red Hat Certified Professionals forum.
- Creating online profile under your certification number.
- Searching Red Hat Certified Professional jobs.
- Special offers on training and events.
In preparation to earn a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in ESB, Red Hat recommends:
- JBoss SOA: ESB Service Implementation (JB431)
- JBoss SOA: ESB Service Implementation Virtual (JB431VT)
[To achieve certification, students must pass these Exams]
JBoss Certified Developer in ESB exam