ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportDeveloper Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingBusiness Process Management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems Management Migrations
Classroom student guide
This student classroom guide contains detailed guidelines for students planning to attend a Red Hat® Training course at Red Hat or an authorized Red Hat Training facility.
Format of Red Hat Training courses
All Red Hat Training classroom courses are of the following format:
- Each course consists of 3, 4, or 5 days of training.
- Hands-on labs are an important part of each morning and afternoon session.
- Training begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 4:30 to 5:00 p.m., depending on class progress.
- The facilities are closed after 5:30 p.m..
- Precise start times of each unit, lab, and commencement of the course are entirely up to the Instructor's discretion, as are inclusion of Units or Labs indicated as "optional" in the course materials.
Perhaps the most important predictor of whether you will have a meaningful, valuable experience in a Red Hat course is whether you meet the stated prerequisites for the course. If you are not conversant or skilled in at least 75% of the stated prerequisites, you will be unlikely to have a successful training experience.
Registering for a course
Click Enroll from any course page to register via the web. Or, if you prefer, contact our Enrollment Central staff (US +1 (866) 626 2994) and they will assist you personally. Please be ready with course title, location, and date when you contact us. If Enrollment Central is busy and you cannot hold, please leave a message or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a reply within 1 business day. The Enrollment Central staff can also assist you in deciding which course is right for you.
Red Hat must receive a completed enrollment form before we can register a student in a class and all training must be prepaid.
- Order deadline for classes is 5 p.m. ET Thursday for sessions starting the following week.
- Order deadline for exams is 11 a.m. ET 2 business days prior to the exam start date (example registration is due by 11 a.m. Wednesday for a Friday exam).
- All orders are processed within 1 business day of the date you submit the order.
- Red Hat's acceptable payment methods for instructor-led training are check or credit card.
- Any orders placed less than 30 days prior to the start date of the class/exam must use a credit card as the form of payment.
- Check orders must be paid in full by the date printed on the invoice that is emailed to you, or the order will be canceled. Do not mail the check without receiving the invoice from Red Hat.
- Credit cards: Please be sure your credit limit and transaction limit are sufficient for the purchase of a course. Incremental payments or manual authorizations are not possible.
- Wire transfer: If your organization requires our wire transfer information we can provide that upon request.
- Purchase Orders: Red Hat Global Learning Services does not accept Purchase Orders as a form of payment. Please contact Enrollment Central 1 866 626 2994 for questions regarding this policy.
- Invoices and receipts: If you or your company requires an invoice, please complete the online enrollment form and choose check as the form of payment. The invoice will be faxed to the fax number provided on that form within 3 business days. If you or your company requires a receipt for a credit card payment, that will be emailed to the email address that was provided on the form as soon as the credit card has been successfully charged.
Registration constitutes acceptance of Red Hat's cancellation policies. The student is responsible for assessing his or her suitability for Red Hat training and certification programs, and for enrolling into the appropriate course.
Price for each course includes: All Red Hat training materials and required handouts. All other expenses of travel and per diem are the student's responsibility.
Hands-on realistic labs
Red Hat strives to make training a hands-on experience with the very latest and most comprehensive training content available. Our hands-on courses feature labs with technical depth, designed to provide realistic training on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and (for certification courses) to prepare you for a realistic hands-on performance- based certification exam. Red Hat's market research indicates that students want the stretch: they want challenging labs, rather than easy labs. They want technical knowledge that stretches their capabilities.
Red Hat course materials
Each student will receive a coursebook and selected promotional items, which can vary. Students also have use of a workstation for the duration of the class.
Classroom-based instructor-led training (ILT) at Red Hat, Inc. facilities
For additional information regarding the Red Hat Guarantee, see our enrollment policies.
A participant may cancel or reschedule a course, within the limits set in the cancellation policy.