ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Implementing with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Online (JB465R) course outline
A combination of Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB461) and Developing with Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB463)
Overview of Red Hat JBoss BRMS
- Learn about the architecture, basic deployment options, and the business need for a business rules management system such as Red Hat JBoss BRMS.
Authoring basic business rules
- Develop business rule structure and components, including facts working memory.
- Identify rule components.
- Author rules with Business Central and Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio.
Integrating business rules with Java applications
- Use the knowledge API to integrate rules processing into an application.
Authoring rules as technical rules, decision tables, templates, and domain-specific language files
- Author rules using the Business Central technical rule editor and create a spreadsheet decision tables.
- Create rule templates.
Business rules decision tables and rule templates
- Create spreadsheets with rules and rule templates.
Domain-specific languages in BRMS
- Learn the purpose of domain-specific languages (DSLs), how to author them, and how to use them in a rule in BRMS.
- Use domain-specific languages created by developers to create rules.
Testing business rules
- Test business rules using both the Business Central web interface and Java coding.
Authoring complex rules with BRMS
- Author complex business rules using advanced conditions and field constraints.
Controlling rule execution
- Control rule execution.
- Learn how to avoid rule conflicts.
Debugging basic business rules in Drools
- Debug Drools applications in JBoss Developer Studio.
Complex event processing in BRMS
- Create and use complex event processing (CEP) with rules.
Integration with Business Central
- Gain an overview of BRMS administration with Business Central, a web application built into BRMS.
- Learn how to integrate Business Central with Java code.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact a training specialist online or at 1-866-626-2994.