ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Red Hat System Administration II - Online Labs Only (RH134L) course outline
Extra online practice to master the hands-on essential tasks taught in Red Hat System Administration II
Automate installation with Kickstart
- Automate the installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with Kickstart.
Use regular expressions with grep
- Write regular expressions that, when partnered with grep, will allow you to quickly isolate or locate content within text files.
Create and Edit text files with vim
- Introduce the vim text editor, with which you can open, edit, and save text files.
Schedule future Linux tasks
- Schedule tasks to automatically execute in the future.
Manage priority of Linux processes
- Influence the relative priorities at which Linux processes run.
Control access to files with access control lists (ACL)
- Manage file security using POSIX access control lists.
Manage SELinux security
- Manage the Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) behavior of a system to keep it secure in case of a network service compromise.
Connect to network-defined users and groups
- Configure systems to use central identity management services.
Add disks, partitions, and file systems to a Linux system
- Manage simple partitions and file systems.
Manage logical volume management (LVM) storage
- Manage logical volumes from the command line.
Access networked attached storage with network file system (NFS)
- Access (secure) NFS shares.
Access networked storage with SMB
- Use autofs and the command line to mount and unmount SMB file systems.
Control and troubleshoot the Red Hat Enterprise Linux boot process
Limit network communication with firewall
- Configure a basic firewall.
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in this course.