ProductsDesktop Server OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal A-MQ Fuse BRMS Fuse Service Works Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Red Hat Storage 2.0 Beta Now Available
April 9, 2012
The Red Hat Storage Team
Since December when we launched Red Hat Storage Software Appliance, our first integrated storage product, we’ve experienced significant interest as organizations look to address the massive growth of unstructured data. Today, we’re excited to announce the beta availability of Red Hat Storage 2.0, previewing new capabilities that build upon Red Hat’s industry-leading capabilities for managing the storage of unstructured data.
Red Hat Storage is software only, scale-out storage that provides flexible and affordable unstructured data storage for the enterprise. Red Hat Storage 2.0 provides new opportunities to unify data storage and infrastructures, increase performance and improve availability and manageability in order to meet a broader set of an organization’s storage challenges and needs.
The beta of Red Hat Storage 2.0 previews several key innovations, including:
- Unified File and Object Access: Red Hat Storage 2.0 now provides the industry’s first release of file storage designed to integrate seamlessly with object storage, offering organizations greater information accessibility, within a single, centralized storage pool;
- Big Data Storage Infrastructure: Red Hat Storage 2.0 includes compatibility for Apache Hadoop providing a new storage option for Hadoop deployments. This new functionality, enables faster file access and opens up data within Hadoop deployments to other file-based or object-based applications;
- Built on Red Hat Enterprise Linux- Red Hat Storage 2.0 is built on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, which provides a secure, high performing, flexible enterprise class operating environment. The appliance uses Red Hat Enterprise Linux's extended update support capabilities and the XFS file system (Red Hat's Scalable File System Add-On) to provide a core operating base platform which is reliable, scalable, secure and stable over an extended duration of time;
- Performance Enhancements: Faster rebalancing, performance tuning enhancements and Network File System Version 3 (NFSv3) performance optimization;
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization-readiness, enabling organizations to use Red Hat Storage as a storage layer for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization;
- Improved Manageability: New capabilities that make it even easier to manage a Red Hat Storage cluster, including enhanced data management with Network Lock Manager (NLM) compliance, new event history information availability, additional storage brick level information, and improved visibility into self-healing operations and status; and
- Improved Reliability: New capabilities, such as proactive self-healing, that make Red Hat Storage even more reliable and ready for an organization’s most demanding production workloads.
If you're interested in learning more about the beta for Red Hat Storage 2.0, please contact email@example.com
For more information on Red Hat’s approach to managing unstructured data, visit http://www.redhat.com/solutions/business/storage/.