Re: [Aerogear-dev] AeroGear Persistence

Jay,

Thanks for the review! See my responses inline.

Kris

On Jul 13, 2012, at 9:01 AM, Jay Balunas wrote:

> Hi Kris,
>
> Here is some feedback on this.  It's all I have time for right now, lets discuss in the mailing list, I'd be curious to hear others thoughts.
>
> What are the return values when you create() with arrays, or multiple configs?
This will probably help with most of your questions below. A pipeline is an object representing pipes. So, no matter what signature you use to create a pipeline, it would return an object containing one or more pipes. Basically, a pipe is what does the work. A pipeline is more just a convenient way to create and group together all of your pipes at once, rather than creating and maintaining separate pipes in their own vars.

> var myPipeline = aerogear.pipeline( "tasks" );
>  - Wouldn't this pipeline be "tasks"?
No, the pipeline is myPipeline, the pipe is tasks
>  - I guess what I mean is does this return represent the tasksPipe?
>
> Is a pipeline a single server, or single data representation?
A pipe is a data representation that points to a single end point on the server
>  - When you "add" to a pipe line like "tags" does that pipeline now contain two data proxies point to the same server, with the same options?
See above. You would be adding new pipes to the pipeline.

> For save:
> - This still seems very "key" specific, not data object.  What represents a "task", or "tag"?
> - We can't just save arbitrary key/values to the server - right?
> - It needs to be backed by a specific endpoint.
Yeah, save and read seem like they need some more thought. I will see what I can come up with here and respond to the list when the doc is updated.

> It may be best if we stick to one example data set for code samples.  So for example
I did, I used myPipe throughout. There is no need to have a separate taskPipe

> // Use the tasks pipe created earlier
> var taskPipe = myPipeline.tasks;
>
> // Remove a particular item from the server
> // id of the task to remove
> taskPipe.delete( "1" );
>
> // Delete all data tasks from the server associated with this pipe
> myPipe.delete();
>
> JSONP/cross-domain support?
jQuery.ajax supports JSONP for cross-domain so that shouldn't be an issue, just an addition to the ajax options.