Re: [Aerogear-dev] AeroGear Security - call for participation

Hi Matthias, thanks for your review, answers inline.

On Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

hi,

a few minor comments after giving it a quick shot:

1) The REST resources will be generated to provide the basics for
authentication.
==> IMO basic(s) is a bit confusing when talking about auth (e.g.
application basic...), perhaps writing 'foundation' or so?
==> what will generate the resources ?
I've been planning to provide the minimal endpoints to authentication, aerogear-security aims to have the integration with providers like DeltaSpike and PicketLink.

Generate means something like a forge plugin or maven plugin something to get rid of an complex configuration files. Aerogear-security must deal with the complexity, but not our developers, that's the idea.

2) aerogear.auth
'This attribute is optional and if not present the default REST
authentication method will be assumed.'
==> 'default REST authentication' <== what does that actually mean?
Perhaps a link to some other document,
for background infos?
The endpoints provided by aerogear-security, but if you want to have an idea about what I've been planning take a look at the external references, please https://github.com/plataformatec/devise/

3) aerogear.auth.register
the diagram says 'signup'; perhaps using one term across
documents/diagrams does not hurt!
Indeed. I didn't get a chance to update the pictures and I assume that people will truly understand what it means, I'll do it to the next week.

- Bruno

(I guess that applies to login/signin etc as well)

-M