[Aerogear-dev] Fwd: [dev-jboss-security] [JBoss-IDM] PicketLink Client API for SAML SSO

Anil also started some ideas about REST authentication https://github.com/picketlink/picketlink-rest

Begin forwarded message:

From: Anil Saldhana <Anil Saldhana redhat com>
Subject: [dev-jboss-security] [JBoss-IDM] PicketLink Client API for SAML SSO
Date: March 27, 2012 4:21:03 PM GMT-03:00

Hi,
 I was asked of the ability to do SAML SSO from rest based apps and scripts.  Since SAML SSO needs an user agent (browser) as intermediary, it may not be suitable for non-browser applications or scripts.

I coded a prototype that may be suitable to simulate a browser interaction.

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/PicketLinkRESTAPI

Honestly, I am unsure how RESTy this is.  But it may be useful to some people such as the ovirt guys (https://community.jboss.org/thread/197057?tstart=0)

Regards,
Anil