Re: [Aerogear-dev] AeroGear tagline, mission

Initial reactions:

On May 29, 2012, at 7:54 AM, Jay Balunas wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to discuss something around AeroGear and its mission.  We'll need to make this clearer, and be sure to identify and move forward with a strong message.  Bruno, Kris, and I had a good conversation last week about POH5, but this is more focused around AeroGear itself.
>
> Tag line:
>
> "Provide the gear you need to get mobile with JBoss"
Not sure how I feel about "get". Maybe go? Otherwise, I like it.

> Mission:
>
> "Facilitate the development of mobile applications of all kinds with JBoss & JavaEE via examples, education, client libraries (native, Javascript, Hybrid), RAD extensions, and enhanced testing techniques.  The client libraries will effectively extend JavaEE functionality into mobile clients, making it easier to access the benefits, and power JBoss has to offer, while fully embracing the polyglot nature to modern application suites."
I'm not sure about the second sentence. I feel that if you have to explain the first sentence, the mission isn't clear enough. I would maybe just merge the two and shorten to "Facilitate the development of mobile applications of all kinds with JBoss & JavaEE via examples, education, client libraries (native, Javascript, Hybrid), RAD extensions, and enhanced testing techniques in order to extend JavaEE functionality into mobile clients."

Thoughts?