Re: [Aerogear-dev] AeroGear tagline, mission

My 2 cents...

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Jay Balunas <jbalunas redhat com> wrote:

Some points that could be clearer:

* Some of these client libraries are not mobile only

Indeed, but they have something in common, they're hybrid applications. Currently we have some projects like: kitchensink-cordova (Objective-C  + html5 + js), kitchensink-html5-mobile (java  + html5 + js), kitchensink-torquebox-mobile (ruby + html5 + js).

Maybe to be easier to newcomers, I would like to have JS + html5 stuff as a separated project, so we can bring up POH5 to java, ruby, clojure applications...My concern is that people should be allowed to use POH5 (client side library) without care about the server side programming language.

In our latest examples we had some success with hybrid applications on Ruby, Java and Objective-C. Why not extract what those libraries have in common to be used by the server side applications?

* Imo, AeroGear main deliverable is the client libraries, and any server-side integration that they require - agree?

+1 we need client libraries that are easy to use + server side integration as a bridge.