No CD sound on Asus SK8N

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Fri Apr 16 13:43:38 UTC 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 09:34, Pete Bradbury wrote:
> I've done a 'modprobe snd-emu10k1'
>
> and now lo and behold I have some sound
> Kmix gives me fedback on my mouse and the soundcard detection gives me
> the guitar strumming
>
> But neither KsCD or CDPlayer give me audio. The tracks appear and
> scrolling through the tracks occur - but no sound?
>
> Anyone?
>
> I've not done a reboot yet - so I could lose all of this?

Your have an SK8N as comparted to my SK8V.  Is the emu10k1 on the mobo or an
added adapter?  The SK8V has the VIA8233 on th mobo but given my sussecc sot
far (none), I am considering adding a sound adapter like the emu10k1 -- I
have one on another system and once udev and policy were fixed, it works
fine.

Gene