No CD sound on Asus SK8N

Ashley J Gittins amd64 at purple.dropbear.id.au
Sat Apr 17 08:33:47 UTC 2004

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 04:23 am, Pete Bradbury wrote:
> Seth Mos wrote:
<..>
> >> I've done a 'modprobe snd-emu10k1'
<..>
> It works fine under XP so I imagine it is set correctly?

XP might be using digital playback by default, so it could still be that your
cdrom's audio cable is not connected to the soundcard/mobo header. You can
test that by configuring MS media player to not use digital playback.

> Just rebooted - no output from xdplayer or xmms!

You'll need to do the modprobe thing again, or go to the alsa website and look
at the soundcard matrix for the sblive to see how to set it up permanently
(hint: /etc/modules.conf for 2.4 kernels)