Tyan K8W + 4 G of Memory.

devnull at adc.idt.com devnull at adc.idt.com
Fri Apr 30 21:04:55 UTC 2004

I had asked a question on this list a month back regarding 2.6.4 + 4G of
memory.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/amd64-list/2004-March/msg00076.html

Turns out the problem is with the Tyan MoBo BIOS(its really an AMIBIOS in
my case)

The AGP Settings are "wrong", that is they are display wrong, the default
is 128M, but looks like it is much higher. Setting it to some other value
like 64M and then reboot, go back into the BIOS and reset to 128M and you
can see 3.5G (you always loose the .5G, search archives of this list for
reasons...)

But, looks like things are good for now. I only have 2.4 installed for
now, plan to upgrade to 2.6 tonite.

I think someone else on this list, was seeing the same problem...so
thought i would send this in...

--
/dev/null

devnull at adc.idt.com